Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going small game hunting this season as much as I can. Do any of you small game bowhunt? If so, do you hunt mostly rabbits an squirrels? Or are you mostly a wing shooter? Pheasants maybe grouse? What arrow and small game head works for you? Thanks! scout4

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
i do know their are a lot that bowhunt groundhogs and bowfish for carp...both are very challenging and fun and a very good tune-up for bigger game...a great confidence builder...also squirrel and rabbits are extremely challenging...i have heard of guys going pheasant hunting on preserves and doing good...i guess i have to add that a recurve bow rea;lly fits the mold for this type of hunting...good luck...:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been hunting small game a lot more the last 7 or 8 years. Mostly with a compound but I am using the recurve more the last year or two. Groundhogs, squirrels, rabbits. Honestly, many are just an opportunity out of my deer stand, others I specifically hunted for. A wary old groundhog can be quite the challenge. As far as heads go Judo points, G5 SGH's, or a variety of home made heads( a field point w/ a washer behind it, or a wing nut threaded into the insert with a bolt) will work on the small stuff. For groundhogs I like a broadhead with an adder point behind it. They can be pretty tough and you need to anchor them before they get down their hole. Hunting small game will really sharpen your skills for deer season, as well as just plain fun. Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.