Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hunted a couple of places in tuscawaras county today, fog was thick, heard 1 gobble 10miles away . the property had allot of gobbling last weekend but today none of the birds were talking, what i have noticed is my cornfields were i hunt haven't been tilled and planted yet, and all the birds that use to be there are now walking around the planted fields feeding on the surrounding farms that we don't have permission for:mad:. anyone else have a lack of gobbles due to the fog?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I hunted two diff farms in hocking county an didn't hear a single bird grrrr idk but I've only heard like two birds all season and they where 2 miles away I stoped 2 mile from my grannys farm talked to some guys hunting public and they hadn't heard anything either

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I wanna know if there with hens or just with the early spring not interested

·
Registered
577 Posts
x3

Hit all my best local spots on public land and didn't hear a thing. Most excitement I got all day was finding some big old gobbler tracks in an area I hadn't hunted before. Have to hang on to that one. I also saw a hen on RT 42 in a place I really didn't think had turkeys. She was a good mile from the nearest wood lot of any size crossing the road. Kinda cool I guess. Definitely a day to set up and wait. I didn't have patience for that today. Gorgeous morning though!

I think the worst part is that the gobblers are with the hens still. Tomrrow should knock it out of the park though. Might try to talk the wife into letting me sneak out before church...:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
X2 on the sneak out before church she wants to go and r son who's 16 months old doesn't like to sit there

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Im gonna get out tomarow morning for the first time since the.first week. Dont really care if its slow or not, im just itchin to hit the woods.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
125 Posts
Was out this morning the fog was thick and heard 1 gobble this morning far away. seen one hen feeding in field set up in field had 3 different gobbles but no takers :rant:

they would gobble on my calls but was not interested thinking of going in morning looks like a great day.

good luck
xcsp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts