Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working my beagle pack into some likely looking rabbit cover in southern Meigs County last week. I happened to look behind me and one of the hounds was carrying a huge fox squirrel. I took it from him and put it in a tree. Then another hound came with one, and another, and another. Four huge fox squirrels killed by someone and thrown into the weeds next to a trail in the last couple of days. I hope nobody reading this is guilty of killing game just to leave it like this. Sad waste.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
The saying goes: You can't fix stupid. Take solace in the fact that their waste is biodegradable. Not usually so with litter pigs.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Are you sure that they were shot? If so, that's a sad state of affairs &, in my book, they're not hunters, they're poachers! JMHO.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you sure that they were shot? If so, that's a sad state of affairs &, in my book, they're not hunters, they're poachers! JMHO.
Well, I didn’t look them over carefully, but I can’t imagine any other reason 4 big squirrels would be dead in one spot next to a trail junction. I put them up in saplings to keep the beagles off them. We have gobs of squirrels in SE Ohio, so it’s not any big loss, but still…

1 - 4 of 4 Posts