close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sleeping and hunting don't mix

Discussion in 'Ohio Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by stelmon, Dec 14, 2002.

1. How'd did ya get my picture??????????

2. Nice pic!! I laugh but I tend to fall asleep in my stand all the time...lol but im a light sleeper and usually wake up when a twig breaks..:D

3. Yawwwwwwwwwn "Somebody say smething?" :eek:

4. Knowing my luck that has proly happend to me.

5. I personally cannot fall asleep in the woods.Ive tried many times just can not do it.

Kyle13 likes this.
  6. agree..... I can be as comfortable as can be in a nice climber and it won't happen.

cambridgezowie likes this.
  7. CZ , Not even on hangover days ?

cambridgezowie and Kyle13 like this.
  8. i honestly am not a big drinker but I still don't think I can. that would help with my dang feet getting cold though.

9. That's why I ask CZ and not Kyle . LOL

cambridgezowie and Kyle13 like this.
  10. I don't do it much these days but in my younger days I would get some serious sleep while in the woods. Created more than one good story too. :D Like I say.....I don't do it much these days. Definitely not in a stand these days and the only time in the last 10 years I've fell sleep was when I wasn't hunting and just sitting with someone.

11. fell asleep hunting about 6yrs ago but it was the asleep where you can still here everything but your out of it. I hear a crunch and look over and there is a little 6pt standing there. more then a few times ive dozed off in my summit goliath climber with footrest aka-lazyboy. fell asleep a few times in the early morning turkey hunting too.

12. Nope not even on hung over days. I don't know what it is but I just can't fall asleep in woods. I've tried laying down etc just don't happen.
    Their has been times I've been out, hung over ,praying to God to let me see a deer so I could kill it and get f...k out of the woods. Generally that's the first morning of gun season.;)

13. Nope not even on hung over days. I don't know what it is but I just can't fall asleep in woods. I've tried laying down etc just don't happen.
    Their has been times I've been out, hung over ,praying to God to let me see a deer so I could kill it and get f...k out of the woods. Generally that's the first morning of gun season;)

14. Well what were you their for? Have your buddy's 6 ?

15. Yeah.....showing people a spot to hunt. My nephew shot his first deer with me sound asleep on the other side of the tree from him. When he shot I almost crapped my pants. Took my son a couple years ago and he kept having to wake me up because I would start snoring haha. Guess when you're not there to hunt it helps you relax. :D

bluedog and cambridgezowie like this.
  16. I can fall asleep in my chair watching hunting on TV !! Not so much in the woods .