Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from a buddy who told me silver carp were just electroshocked up at the mouth of the Great Miami.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. This is probably one of the worst things that can happen to Ohio. Say good bye to the fishin. I knew it'd happen eventually, but this was fast.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Looks like aeriel bowfishing is in order.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Where'd your buddy hear it? Any evidence? Not questioning what you heard, I'd just like to hear more.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You'll just have to trust me on this one, the info is good. It'll come out soon enough.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
can commercial fishermen do it...:mischeif:for once they have no limit...take all you can...this big headed carp...i can see it going into sloppy bubs and ordering a sloppy carp...:D

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Just walked in the door from shooting the Ohio. We filled two barrels tonight, mostly buffs and gar. We saw one bighead and two silvers. Theyre coming for Ohio waters! Jericho is 100% correct, silvers are the worst thing that can happen to our fisheries.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
its all over for the southern half of the state if theyre in the ohio river...theyll be headed up everythang that empties into it...:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've got an opportunity to help out on a deep water trawl of the Ohio. It should be pretty neat to see species I never really get to see. If I can make it happen, I'm going. I'll be sure to take a lot of photos of the sampling. We should turn up some neat stuff. I'll keep whoever is interested posted. There may be room for one more.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They're rewriting The Fishes of Ohio and are more so after non game species. They're sampling the entire Ohio river, bordering Ohio of course, so yeah, it should be very cool.
I just hope it all works out so I can get on the boat.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Keep me posted Jericho...I am intersested to see what you find. We saw 2 silvers and a bighead Wednesday night when we shot the Ohio. We weren't far from you, right on the border.

I am headed to Louisville on Friday night to shoot bigheads. We should lay the smackdown on them, the guys down there have been shooting alot of them lately!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts