Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
81 - 83 of 83 Posts
Pinheads with pickups

The night poaching of bucks is down. I think the price of gas played a big part.
The recent drop in gas may fuel in back up in fall,if it stays down. I really don't
see the need for suppressors to be used on game animals. In SE Ohio there is
no grouse, rabbits scarce, deer herd way down ( don't let DNR tell you they had anything to do with this). Worst of all there is no groundhogs. A lot of
animals depend on groundhog holes for dens. People using cell phones and
trail cams should not be permitted. If you took a lot of these gadgets out of the woods along with ATVs it would keep a lot of Ego shooters out of woods.

So, with the "no bang theory", you don't approve the use of suppressor's, but poaching with the bow and especially when crossbows were legalized(it's SO much easier) the reason archery numbers have increased over the last 10 years, or are many/some of the the deer being poached in archery not being reported because you don't hear the "bang" and telecheck makes it easier to do so?
Completely tongue in cheek I fully support suppressors.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

Got it- put a smile:biggrin:- or a wink;) next time, so I can understand your thought process.:biggrin:

It just comes down to people just "understanding" the change. It's no worse then crossbows being legalized....."baiting" being legalized........rifles being legalized......"lighted nocks" being legalized.....yada,yada,yada.

We went thru all of those changes and "Deer Hunting" as we know it- is still here.;)

81 - 83 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.