Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts
I'm amazed at the panic about something that would never be noticed if implemented.

First, they should be re-enamed "noise reducers" or "hearing savers". Anybody who thinks you can silence a 12 gauge slug or a high power rifle watches too many movies.

Second, look at the cost of just owning one of these. If they legalized hunting with them, how many will actually be used? you'll probably never see one.

3rd, easier to poach with one? Really? There are guys out there who have these things and are waiting for them to become legal to hunt with so they can illegelly poach? Thats about as brilliant as that certain state saying you can only put 7 rounds in your ten round magazine so that criminals will be sure to remove 3 before they hold up a liquor store legally. It's an insane concept to believe that regulations affect activity that is already unlawful.

4th - If you really wanted to poach with less noise, you might just want to get out that crossbow. For that matter, as I'm checking my watch the last few minutes of gun season, as its getting dark, I'm wondering how many bow hunters might be hanging around 45 minutes to an hour after sunset when they are in that treestand in November.

The Ohio Senate Civil Justice committee held it's 8th hearing on this yesterday, Tuesday. Can't help but wonder, ***? Only got a couple more weeks to "git 'er done".

But if it don't pass, I believe poachers are still going to be allowed to use them!

You mean I can't use the letters DoubleU -Tee-Eff? What The Sexual Intercourse!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ohio Senate Civil Justice committee held it's 8th hearing on this yesterday, Tuesday. Can't help but wonder, ***? Only got a couple more weeks to "git 'er done".

But if it don't pass, I believe poachers are still going to be allowed to use them!

You mean I can't use the letters DoubleU -Tee-Eff. ***!
I'm trying to find the section in the regulations that tells what implements ARE legal to use for poaching, and I can't seem to find it.

I'm trying to find the section in the regulations that tells what implements ARE legal to use for poaching, and I can't seem to find it.
Tim, Tim, Tim, You are obviously mis-guided. Do you really think they publish a poachers handbook of legal poaching methods? No, poachers come on here to read about all the up-to date methods that their fellow poacher brethren are using. These pages are full of folks who think every person in the woods is up to illegal activity and they are quick to vent about it and fully explain the exact methods deployed. You have to think outside the box, Tim.

drones

This makes me mad drones are legal to deer hunt with spot light take images on other peoples land .With out land owners consent , this started last Friday OHIO gun hunt 6 am BEFORE THE RAIN watching the farm for
Trespassers. THE neighbor sent up a drone over my land out of shooting range took images spot light used a call on it to drive deer OfF MY LAND and this is legal, odnr has no laws they said I could shoot it, county cops said its legal and you cant shoot a drone over your land unless it'S looking in your windows even on large farms

The Governor just signed the bill, so as soon as the Secretary of State files it the law will become official. It goes into effect 90 days later so by April 1st it will be in effect. Will miss the best of coyote hunting but just in time for the emerging hogs. Lot's of good stuff in the final bill.

so drones are legal to hunt with in ohio and legal to trespass and take images with in ohio spot light with and can even fly over your land with out your consent using a coyote call to jump deer up
So Delta asks you before they fly over your land? Oh right, they don't because you don't own the air...sheesh.

Sent from my iPad using Ohub Campfire

The Governor just signed the bill, so as soon as the Secretary of State files it the law will become official. It goes into effect 90 days later so by April 1st it will be in effect. Will miss the best of coyote hunting but just in time for the emerging hogs. Lot's of good stuff in the final bill.
I'm preparing myself for 500% increase in poaching. It's SO much easier now...

I'm preparing myself for 500% increase in poaching. It's SO much easier now...

So, with the "no bang theory", you don't approve the use of suppressor's, but poaching with the bow and especially when crossbows were legalized(it's SO much easier) the reason archery numbers have increased over the last 10 years, or are many/some of the the deer being poached in archery not being reported because you don't hear the "bang" and telecheck makes it easier to do so?

61 - 80 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.