close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

show me your mounts-please.

Discussion in 'Ohio Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by ohihunter2014, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Dropped my buck off at the taxidermist yesterday and he told me I've got about 2-3 months to makeup my mind on what mount I want. never done this before so looking for recommendations. he asked to fix the brow tine that was broken and said it looks like its been broken for awhile and then the ear is ripped and has some scaring. he's a scrapper so I said I shot him that way mount him that way. part of me says fix the brow so it looks normal but if it truly was broken in a fight and the ear being punctured that means I got a bad ass buck. LOL.

what would you guys do? share your mounts please :)

Randall likes this.
  2. Don't fix nothing! It's how he was! I recommend a full sneak. Or half sneak mount. Traditional is boring. If I could go back I would probably European mount all my bucks. After time 10 or so years they somewhat fade unless under perfect conditions . Eyes crack humidity sun etc. plus I think euro mounts look cooler to an extent. Anyhow full sneak or half. If it was number three or four then you look at walls and start planing left turn right turn etc.

JamesBalog and ohbuckeye1963 like this.

3. Kinda liking half sneak. Show some pics cz

4. I'll show ya a couple tommrow their not in house . But in garage due to house burning down. I'll hang a couple and show ya. What was your spread on your buck depending you may want to do one ear pinned back one alert or both back.

5. Also felling height plays a part 8 foot ceiling height if you do up right mount plan on base of deer being 5 foot off floor or less. Ceiling height makes a difference. Just trying to help.

6. Last ones better than others you could also do full sneak with a little head tilt to right or left. Rings rack aliitle down with angle up hard to explain.

7. I'll post some of my deer. Just don't want people to start smoking and sit on the ground. Sorta ruin the way they hunt. ozincs scent killer Tree stand rubber boots face painting scent lock uv pants only hunting after oct 28 th high tech kinda type stuff.

ohihunter2014 likes this.
  8. I'm partial to a well done European myself !
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1484016370.834313.jpg

9. ML1187 likes this.
  10. like shu72 except head tilted down a little more. Nice mount schu!

11. Schu72

Schu72 Staff Member Mod

Semi sneak off set shoulder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Semi sneak?

13. Yes! That's kinda what I want but looking to its left-my right.

14. What's offset shoulder mean?

15. Kinda would like ears like they are in my pic. I'm liking semi sneak. Ceilings 8-9ft maybe 10ft. I'll post a couple more angles I got of him tomorrow.

16. Schu72

Schu72 Staff Member Mod

That's the name of the form. I think the shoulders are just turned a little...not straight.

ohihunter2014 likes this.