Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was so desperate I went Cattin saturday morning..With the cold front that went thru friday night I knew I would catch nothing and I was right:D It was 8-degrees when I left the house, and as you can tell from this picture I had a great time:eek: :eek: ;)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'm getting more and more tempted as the days go by..........the ice fishing thing just didn't work out..........I keep looking at the tackle bag wanting to rig up a couple rods.....

·
Registered
576 Posts
Good deal

At least you got out & gave it a try.
If you had caught some like you did last Jan. you would've been happy !;) You got one more day of catfishing in than 95% of the cat anglers do. I've got about 7-10 days on you & would've had one more except the boat needs work. It's covered in snow now. It was 38 yesterday, I should've tried it then.

·
Registered
449 Posts
ya must be crazy Jack?

Aint no way im going to go out and sit and wait for a cat bite this time of the year in this weather knowing its a waste of time.
I'll stick to my other winter fishing specie that i know will feed during this kind of condition;)
Ive already caught some good fish for 2003 and have been out about a dozen times..but im not going into detail or showing off pics. as most anglers are better left in the house waiting for spring..that way i have all the water to myself...:eek: ..lol

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Well Jack we all are glad you went out and tested the waters for us.:D
It seems at least you had a good time going.;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
The only thing I've caught this year were some skipjacks up at the cardinal plant last week. Some were pretty nice too, around 14 or 15 inches, not as nice as those stream smallies though. hahahahahhaa

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
You catch some nice smallies this year?;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Actually we do catch a few when casting those warm water discharges, I got a few in December, most were under a pound though but still fun on 6lb test line.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I saw your stab Mike,

But only skipjacks so far this year for ya huh?
Man live right by the Ohio r. and caught no other fish..well?:eek: :confused: ;)
Guess all those years of getting to know the big river have paid off for ya...lol;) :D :cool:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Please don't start with me man of little stature. I've only fished once this year. And you don't know the river at all, only act like it. I didn't see a stab so don't make stuff up. As for living by the river, it paid off nicely last year in every cat tourney I entered.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts