Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up Shorty from the taxidermist today, I'm very very happy with the way he turned out. His neck measurement isn't as big as what it was when I shot him but for a Matt Thompson form it was the biggest they made. My hats off to Jon at Pine Ridge Taxidermy in Logan Ohio, he does great work. Sorry for the not so good pictures but I'll have a full write up on my blogs with quality images soon.

For those of you that haven't seen or read my story it can be seen here: The Story Of a Deer Named Shorty

And a blog about the taxidermy work and choosing a taxi form http://truvisionoutdoors.com/corey/2012/03/26/choosing-a-taxidermist-and-form/

·
22,521 Posts
Looks good Corey!:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply's. I threw together a pedestal yesterday, placed the sheds on it and put it in my living room until my man cave is done.

·
5,040 Posts
I really like the pedestal with the previous years racks.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Dandy buck. How many inches of bone?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The day I shot him I scored it at 168" gross, I haven't done anything since then.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
The day I shot him I scored it at 168" gross, I haven't done anything since then.
With the history and the effort you put into that deer the score is irrelevant. I was just curious. Congrats to you! Well done. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Shortys mount

Congrats Corey! Your mount of Shorty looks great. You did a great job on the pedestal. Barnsiding?

Alot of bootwear and dedication is on display there! Congrats

1 - 15 of 15 Posts