Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May 5&6, Surplusrifleforum will be holding our 2012 Schutzenfest at the Sandusky Co. Sportsmans Club, Gibsonburg Oh. Camping and breakfast is available on site. Open to just about anything you want to shoot, doesn't have to be milsurp.
We all share so if you see something you would like to try, ask the owner.From trapdoor Springfields to full auto,it will be there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More detailed info is available on Schutzenfest.net or Surplusrifleforum.com
Basically a bunch of forum members started getting together to meet and greet and Shoot. The first one was in I believe 2005, at Defiance, a 1 day shoot, from 2006 till 2011 it was a 2 day event at Black Swamp Rifle and Pistol in Delphos.
We have 3 shoots a year Schutzenfest spring, Fall shoot, and Freezin'Der Henine Off usually Jan or Feb. Freezin' is a 1 day shoot. Spring and Fall follow the same format. My son and I have been going since 2006.
We moved to Gibsonburg last fall as we were getting more shooters than Delphos could reasonably handle. It make a great family weekend for shooters for little expense. We get people from Mn.,La. all over, 1 this year is coming from the United Kingdom for his first Schutzenfest. Ed

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Forum members from this site, or from Surplusrifleforum.com?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Surplusrifleforum, Steve, sorry I didn't think to clarify in my reply,but the shoot is open to the public and new shooters are always welcome As one of the founders of the shoot says " This isn't Camp Perry, it's for people to meet and enjoy shooting". SCSC is providing range officers and firearms safety is followed at all times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts