Sheds and Ticks

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by DougG, Feb 11, 2018.

1. I was out shed hunting today and the farthest thing from my mind was ticks. Get home and take a shower and pull a large tick off my back. Was close to fifty degrees, but it is February, so worrying about ticks was not on my mind. Crazy how prolific these are becoming.

Did find a nice set of sheds from a thick 7 point. Were right next to each other in a field. Look like from the same buck, so that was good.

Buck Buster likes this.
  2. Bryan six

Bryan six Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Where's the pics??? Of the sheds not the ticks!!!

3. Here they are

Maybe not, not sure how to do it from my phone

Buck Buster likes this.
  4. where are you that its 50 degrees!??

Buck Buster likes this.
  5. Ground is frozen enough to drive a car across a mud field and snow still here....what is this 50 degrees he speaks of.....

Buck Buster and ohihunter2014 like this.

6. In Ohio we had 50 today here in NE Coshocton County

Buck Buster likes this.
  7. Yeah its still cold and snowy up north.

Buck Buster likes this.
  8. hopefully this posts

i was in pike, car thermometer when i left in the rain was 47

Attached Files:

9. My dog picked up a tick yesterday and gave it to me. It was one of those tiny black ticks.

Buck Buster likes this.
  10. I've been seeing ticks in every month of the year for the past 3 or 4 years.
    Not sure why, but that is a fact.

Buck Buster likes this.
  11. This was just one leg after walking approximately 30 feet. I had already cleaned myself of ticks a moment before this. Both legs looked like this and a bunch on my shirt. Gonna be a bad year for ticks.

IMG_20180220_121855164.jpg

Buck Buster likes this.
  12. Geez! What county is that in?

Buck Buster likes this.
  13. Burn it with fire!

Buck Buster likes this.
  14. I had 3 on me after my Sunday shed hunt

Buck Buster likes this.
  15. Out for a short hike today and ended up with ticks crawling on me. Not a good sign.

Buck Buster likes this.
  16. Use Sawyers with permathin in it. Sprayer your pants with it and it works great. Will last through washings also. I use it on my brush pants.

Buck Buster likes this.
  17. Ended the day with one tick attached, 2 removed, and zero sheds. Getting the outdoor cloths sprayed down ASAP.

Buck Buster likes this.
  18. Was out for 4 hours on Sunday in Muskingum county, zero ticks on me or my gf.

Buck Buster likes this.
  19. I think it is going to be a bad year for ticks. May need to buy stock in Sawyers. I usually use the stuff, but didn't think i needed to this early in the year. Heading back out this Sunday, see how things go.

Buck Buster likes this.
  20. I agree. It seems no matter where I go there is at least one on me. Thankfully I've never had one attached to me