Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am new to the forum, so firstoff I would like to say hey to everybody. I live in Tennessee but will be driving to OH on October 31 to hunt the Shawnee State Forest for a few days. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. I am really looking forward to hunting this state. I hear that there are some decent bucks in that piece of land. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm from Clarksville just north west of Nashville and I to will be driving up this fall. Stay on the forum for insight. The community is friendly and has sent me many pm's with helpful advice.

Mathews Helim Tactical

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe I might head up there to scout during the early muzzleloader season for a couple of days. How many people will be hunting it that week.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Some areas of the forest get hit pretty hard during early muzzy. Road 1 prime example. Do your self a favor and print off a forest road map. A topo will help you out too. The deer #'s are not great in Shawnee but if you put in your time and scout you can find good deer. Look for saddles and pinch points around 3-6 year old clearcutts. Good luck...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts