Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here is a link to our Season I Trailer:

Hope everyone enjoys it...we have put a lot of hard work in the last 2 years...We are not professional hunters...just average hunters working day jobs and raising families..we just love to capture it!!

Our first Episode will be released August 1st on the youtube link, on our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/silentpursuitoutdoors), and on our website (http://silentpursuitoutdoors.yolasite.com/)

Stop in and watch some awesome action from Ohio and Kansas!!

·
5,040 Posts
Looks good, as does the facebook and website!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Pretty good. Looking forward to seeing more. Nice job and good luck with it.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't mean to be a downer but if you put something on a forum, your going to get opinions. First let me say you guys have some very good footage. However, the intro is very strange, way too much shadow and the monologue itself is odd. I have no doubt plenty of sweat went into the making of the video but probably no blood or tears. The age of some bucks shot are good but some are pretty young. All of these are very minor things but then there are the shot angles. Those quartering-towards shots take a descent video and make it a tutorial of what not to do.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Do you guys promote quartering to shots?
I promote taking the shot you are comfortable with. If it happens to be a quarter to, then so be it.

My favorite and most comfortable shot is quarter away.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I too like the quartering away shot, but quarter to, in every single shoot I've shot, I can't seem to make it happen. I've never taken one hunting, but do agree- if you're comfortable with the shot, take it.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I too like the quartering away shot, but quarter to, in every single shoot I've shot, I can't seem to make it happen. I've never taken one hunting, but do agree- if you're comfortable with the shot, take it.

I agree when I shoot quartering too I always feel like im trying to throw a curve ball around the shoulder into the vitals. If your comfotable, and kill the deer tho, make it happin capin

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I agree when I shoot quartering too I always feel like im trying to throw a curve ball around the shoulder into the vitals. If your comfotable, and kill the deer tho, make it happin capin
In the shoots- I've just always either completely missed or shoot the damn thing in the ass.
For sake of argument- I've really only shot 3-d with my recurve.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts