close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scents for the rut

Discussion in 'Deer Camp Talk' started by Robert2968, Oct 11, 2017 at 9:17 AM.

1. What Brand of scents do you use up there?I have used Code Blue and others but ms.doe pee (frozen)was the best I found until last year we tried top secret and it was great the first time out of the bottle but after the air got to it it turned brown and didn't seem to work as well after the first couple af sits.

Kyle13 and cambridgezowie like this.
  2. I use my wife's plugs....I'll be sending some to Ohio hunter here in few weeks, he put an order in for twenty.. isn't that right Ohio :p

Kyle13, Bryan six and bywayofthearrow like this.

3. I don't use scents myself. One could argue I'm trying to do something with BO after those first few all day hunts while camping out. I hunt near scrapes in the pre-rut knowing the bucks are scent checking them. Once the rut is on I hunt the does. They stink plenty enough to keep the bucks coming..

Kyle13 and Bryan six like this.
  4. I go with Tinks..... it's never let me down....

I have been switching it up a bit pre rut though by using some active scrape

Kyle13 likes this.
  5. Cabbridgezowie, I may have to order one pack so I can try out on my hunt in shawnee State forest. Does it come with a money back guarantee ???

Bryan six, cambridgezowie and Kyle13 like this.
  6. Momma says deer farms that sell fresh pee are the devil!! She may be right!! ;)

7. I don't use any. I have tried alot of stuff, and it does not seem to do much for me. I always just pray for a die. the real deal works best.

8. I dont like adding any scent to an area Im hunting that could possibly mess up all my effort to go undetected

Kyle13 and cambridgezowie like this.
  9. Nimrod

Nimrod Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Does pee way more than the 1-4 oz you'll buy and dump on the ground. I think it's a gimmick. I also don't want to add any more scent that may put a buck on alert.

Bryan six and cambridgezowie like this.
  10. Would you like to purchase a 3 phase pack ?
    pre drip, hell fire drip, or the yay the drips is almost done,

Pre drip is 8 dolllars a plug with out string,10,dollars with...

Hell fire drip. Is 25 dollars with out string 30 with..

And the yay the drip is almost done runs 24.99 with or with out string.

If you buy now freshness is guaranteed...

Kyle13 likes this.
  11. Laughing out loud!!! I like how you have to pay a few more bucks if you don't wanna handle the blood soaked end!!!! Your something else man!! ;) Lol!!!!

Kyle13 likes this.
  12. I've been reading up on the bloody mice and I'll let you guys know how it works around nov 1st

13. Nimrod

Nimrod Staff Member Super Mod Mod

If she's using mice, it doesn't sound very sanitary!

14. I can't imagine your collection process goes smoothly with the mood swings and high irritability and quite frankly hell on earth at times. So that makes me wonder if it's a trash can collection or a sneak pull attack at night........either way blahhhhhhhhh!

cambridgezowie likes this.
  15. Doctor told me once they wanted to name it mad cow disease but it was already taken.....PMS..... just doesn't do it justice. Theirs a million other words that come to thought over PMS......

bowkills likes this.