Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
That’s a great looking deer for the first day of summer. Our big bucks must be summering somewhere else. Nothing exciting yet.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
That’s a great looking deer for the first day of summer. Our big bucks must be summering somewhere else. Nothing exciting yet.
Last year I was really bummed because all our main farms had corn and the summertime content was lacking.

This year is different, beans everywhere. I’m excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
First velvet drive was a success. Got some decent footage of deer that are living in proximity to our farms.

This buck appears like he is going to be special:

A few nice ones for sure. That last one looks like he’s working on a split g2.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Been awhile since I posted. Got two more minisodes done last night.

The first one is our trip back down to the new Gore Farm in southern Ohio. Checked cams and food plot progress:

There’s a couple really nice bucks already on camera hammering the AG beans.

And the second minisode is a little home farm food plot update and velvet footage from a few different farms. The crop of bucks here in NE Ohio is looking really promising:

·
5,063 Posts
No poults?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Been pretty busy with things here over the last couple weeks. Refreshed a few mineral licks on the farm that had the coyote infestation. Lots of 2-3 year old bucks using the licks and feeding in the beans.

At the home farm we only did clover plots this year so I’ve given them a good mow a few times in the last weeks as well. The weeds were outta control due to all the heavy rain we’ve had.

I’ve been keeping tabs on a large bachelor group of 8 bucks that have been using the farm as well. There’s a few really nice deer in there that could use another year as well as our main shooter 8 point this year that we have a lot of history with.

And my latest minisode talks about a peculiar buck we’ve had show up here in the last few weeks. He’s got himself quite a medical issue but seems to be doing okay.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts