Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
What kind of flex are you talking about? Does this gun have flex issues from the factory or something you are seeing due to age?

RGJZ06

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from the factory but they wont do anything about it i thought about e-poxy the cavities in the stock.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
from the factory but they wont do anything about it i thought about e-poxy the cavities in the stock.
What a company!!! Epoxy resin with maybe some micro beads or Cabisil to give it some strength and lighten it up a bit. That will give it some stiffness. It's a shame you pay good money for a gun then you have to fix it to make it worth a darn.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I know its a shooter to hole for hole at 100 yards

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
20 Posts
its there cheapest line of rifles i have a savage fcp-k 308 win but it has alum. bedding in its stock if i could find some alum. flat bar that would fix the problem maybe i have 300 in the rifle with scope what do you expect everything is made in china anymore the usa is to dependant on foreign products

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i'm gonna buy one of them cheap savages...in 22/250...and at walmart...:D
Savage is a force to be reckoned with in regard to affordability and out of the box reliability. And the 22/250 is a fantastic round, extremely versatile depending on the load. All 22's are, really.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah like I said you can't beat it for the money I have $350 all together scope and everything and like I said it shots hole for hole at 100 yards but the stock needs some work mine flexes were the clip goes in all the way back to rear of the trigger guard :(

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Yeah like I said you can't beat it for the money I have $350 all together scope and everything and like I said it shots hole for hole at 100 yards but the stock needs some work mine flexes were the clip goes in all the way back to rear of the trigger guard :(

Go to a machine shop and take Ur stock and have.them turn down some aluminium to a precise fit and Maby then take a lil all purpose epoxy and put a dab on the aluminium so it stays in the stock....
And i have to say if u want a cheap but good rifle or gun look a mossbergs line up I seen a 270 with scope for $277 cheap scope but a made in USA gun

1 - 14 of 14 Posts