close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Santee Cooper Trip

Discussion in 'Ohio Catfish Anglers' started by mrfish/OH, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Here's a panographic shot from the fishing camp shore. It's Randolph's Landing right on the dam. That cove on the right is very shallow & you have to motor in a small channel or you will bottom out in sand.
    [​IMG]

2. I fished that cove for carp, and it was even too shallow for that :D .

3. Timer shot

Here's when we first got there. The camera was on the kitchen table. We had a fully equipted 2 BR trailer. This was the first picture we took at Randolph's Landing.

[​IMG]

4. It was fun !

I'd certainly recommend taking a full week or more. That would leave 2 days for driving, 5 days of fishing. Two weeks would be ideal. Lots of birds, etc.

[​IMG]

5. Looking around you don't see any other guys out there. Was there very many out when you went out?;)

6. Yes, there was

We moved away from the pack. :p

7. Mrfish/OH-----Is that blue cat you're holdin caught out of Santee? One heck of a fish! We used to bass fish there years ago at the end of March. Out in front of Randolf's Landing is a logjam in deep water. A lake map should show it to you. I had a moster largemouth on there on an 8" blue, plastic worm that broke 14# Stren. Mouth of Wyboo Creek is good and 18'' crappies can be had there in the spring in the flooded brush! Nelson's Cut area also good for bass & crappie. Nice pic, sure brings back a lot of good memories for me!------TF

8. BB- Yes

Here's the site for Randolph's Landing I don't know if it would help to mention us or not, it certainly won't hurt, we didn't trash the place or anything !;)
    Turkeyfoot...that big blue came from the Ohio River on November 10, 2002.
    I put alot of the pictures up in the thread started by Bottom Bouncer....Placing bets on..(click here)
    I'll PM you a link to the big fish story, I don't want to start linking on forum to another- I have in excess of 5,000 posts there *LOL*:eek:

9. Man, that place sounds pretty good. Only a couple hours from the ocean. Go cattin' one day, then to the beach for some ocean surf fishing........that's pretty tough to beat!!!!

Thanks for the link.

10. i have only weekends to spare,hunting deer gets my vacation time.but i would like to get around this year chasing the big cats.i got me a camper situated at the junction of the hocking and ohio river.now if i can get a catfeeshin pontoon rig...

11. Santee-

Hey Bottom Bouncer- It's only about 50 minutes from the ocean in Charleston;) THE CATKING!!!