Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am gonna try the Samick Red Stag takedown, after trying some of the metal riser bows, I've come to the conclusion I like an all wood bow. For no other reason than the overall feel upon the shot. Metal riser bows [the ones I've shot] are dead-in-the-hand but I just like the more softer feel of the shot...hard to explain what I'm trying to describe.
The Dorado is a great shootin bow, I love the way it shoots...one of the best I've shot....just couldnt get it to click for me though. I'm gonna shoot the Red Stag regardless....looks like I'm going back where I started back in 1975...after boocoodles of recurves and longbows the last 20 years, just a plain ole recurve, guess I've come full circle.....or maybe going around in circles.:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the Samick Red Stag takedown yesterday. I wont be selling this bow.
Quiet, smooth pulling. 60 inches, [email protected] 28.
This bow shoots better than a lot of high-dollar bows I've owned. The final finish is not custom quality but that doesn't effect the shootability of the bow...I'm not into cosmetics anyway. I fell right in with this bow.
The Dorado is a great bow but I just didn't seem to click with the Dorado...nothing wrong with the bow...just me.
202 bucks...shipped.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
it looks very nice...i hope to get a samic or two soon just for some comparisons to these higher cost bows...:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Coonskinner, I know you know the spine on a 2016, this RS shoots a 29 inch 2016, Im pulling 45 lbs @ my draw [28 inches], with a Dacron string they fly like a bullet. When I put a d-97 string on they dont fly quiet as good...I was surpised, I thought there was enough spine with the 2016 to handle the fast/flight string.
I got a b-55 flemish string coming, gonna try it out.
The Dacron string I got is an endless loop, I've shot the endless loop on and off for 35 years now...but they always seem to be a little louder.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Hey Coonskinner, I know you know the spine on a 2016, this RS shoots a 29 inch 2016, Im pulling 45 lbs @ my draw [28 inches], with a Dacron string they fly like a bullet. When I put a d-97 string on they dont fly quiet as good...I was surpised, I thought there was enough spine with the 2016 to handle the fast/flight string.
I got a b-55 flemish string coming, gonna try it out.
The Dacron string I got is an endless loop, I've shot the endless loop on and off for 35 years now...but they always seem to be a little louder.
i've done ok with em but 1916 you might wanna try...but if they fly great and hit great...even with broadheads...then no doubt go with it...i really dont care for those skinny 1916s...but if yuh have to...you have to...:biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i've done ok with em but 1916 you might wanna try...but if they fly great and hit great...even with broadheads...then no doubt go with it...i really dont care for those skinny 1916s...but if yuh have to...you have to...:biggrin::biggrin:
Well, if they're flying good with the dacron, and not too good with the f/f string that kinda tells me ..if anything they would be on the week side because if they were too stiff they would not fly that good with the dacron.
Anyway, it dont hurt my feelings to shoot Dacron...usually quieter ...not always but most the time..for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts