Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to the site and looking to do some early season flintlock hunting at salt fork. Never hunted outside of PA before.
What is the terrain like around the lake? Is it thick cover, or open woods? Easy access, or hike in to hunt (I hope)?

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Hey all, I'm new to the site and looking to do some early season flintlock hunting at salt fork. Never hunted outside of PA before.
What is the terrain like around the lake? Is it thick cover, or open woods? Easy access, or hike in to hunt (I hope)?

Thanks
Brian
Hi Brian, welcome to the site.:Welcome::Welcome:

If you have Google Earth, zoom in on that area and tilt the view. It will give you the lay of the land. You should be able to see how thick it is as well.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
1,604 Posts

Thanks
Brian
It has thick undergrowth im.some spots but open in others. Very hilly terrain. Pm me about deer movement when season gets closer. I live 1 mile from salt fork

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Some good early season muzzy hunting at SF for sure. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys! I looked at Google earth first and the terrain looks pretty tame considering what I am used to in PA.

Buckhunter1 Thanks for offer to talk closer to the season. I will be hunting with an Ohio resident, just wanted to get the opinion of others also. Never been there myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Thanks Guys! I looked at Google earth first and the terrain looks pretty tame considering what I am used to in PA.

Buckhunter1 Thanks for offer to talk closer to the season. I will be hunting with an Ohio resident, just wanted to get the opinion of others also. Never been there myself.

Thanks
What part of the park are you plannin on huntin?

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

1 - 7 of 7 Posts