Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
the second week of november has always been good here in the southwest part of the state. IMO. Pending on your deer population and the amount of buck competition the pre-rut activity can be pretty exciting also. If you want to find me in mid october and the entire month of november ill be in a tree stand!!!:)

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Pre rut kicks in last week of Oct. I usually see seeking and chasing around Nov 5 to Nov 15.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Pre rut kicks in last week of Oct. I usually see seeking and chasing around Nov 5 to Nov 15. Usually bout the same time year after year give or take a few days. If its warm most activity will take place at night.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
early Nov up til the guns start blasting, then the forget about :whistle:.....

I shot a buck a few years back that was full rut, grunting and everything the third day of the gun season. Hahah

Can be hard to predict.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Just be in the woods the second week of November. ;)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Depends whether your a non resident or not :p

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Remember actually.. If you are hunting around Toledo.. Our rut normally hits about 7 days or so before the guys in Southern Ohio.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Remember actually.. If you are hunting around Toledo.. Our rut normally hits about 7 days or so before the guys in Southern Ohio.
Thanks bear.I will be hunting la sue Ann. You think end of Oct. beginning of Nov.?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well there is a lot to it. Can never be sure of when the rut starts. The moon the weather how the summer was how fast the fawns mature etc. Although yep this year end of oct early nov would be my guess..Yet it still is mainly just a guess..

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Just remember one word...Halloween ...thats when the big boys really pop it up a notch ...if you take 2weeks off put the 10th or 11th in the middle ...you'll cover the hottest day, days ...:D

·
Registered
477 Posts
Oct. 29 is the full moon closest to the rut. That is early, so my guess would be that the rut will be a little earlier this year. First couple of weeks in November should be pretty exciting. I'm excited already!

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
First couple weeks of November is when it ALWAYS happens. Never varys more than a few days in the same geographic location.. I have deer hunted Ohio for 30 years and have never saw it start a month early or a month late. If temps are warm we wont see much activity because it occurs at night.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts