Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard and just a read an online article on weather.com that they are predicting above average temperatures through October. It may not break until atleast November for the midwest. Also predicting the drought to intensify in the midwest and spread eastward to New York and West Virginia. Got to wonder how this will effect the rut, herd and trying to time vacations. Mid/uppers 70's would be a waste of time off!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Try having sex in a hot room with a fur coat on and see how the bucks feel. You will find out why the rut slows down in hot weather LOL.

·
Banned
955 Posts
No matter the weather outlook I will still be in a tree as much as possible from Halloween through Nov 15. I don't have vacation so I will have to use my personal days wisely and tag them on to a weekend to maximize time in the stand.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Pile of Corn next to a Deep Pond surrounded by a 60 year old White Oak canopy in a Valley...

Wake me up :coolgleamA:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
do what you normally do and be in the woods more dont try to over analize it...i kilt a nice buck one yr.it was 100 degrees or extremely close...but then again that was the 2nd day of season...i still wouldnt sweat it:D...enjoy the hunt...its never a waste of time...:D

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
do what you normally do and be in the woods more dont try to over analize it...i kilt a nice buck one yr.it was 100 degrees or extremely close...but then again that was the 2nd day of season...i still wouldnt sweat it:D...enjoy the hunt...its never a waste of time...:D
Agreed.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
100 degrees?!?! Were you huntin naked?

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Ohio Sportsman
1,991 Posts

Probably a camo thong and some face paint....:yikes:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts

i uh just moved back from texas so it wasnt no big deal...cept when i had to drag a 211 pound field dressed deer up and out of a very deep and steep ravine...that deer must had a thousand flies piggy backin on it...:D

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
No matter what the weather, the rut will take place in a given area within a few days time frame year after year. If the temps are above average most of the activity will take place when the coolest temps are present. At night.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
22,520 Posts
Too much speculation of a uncontrolable way too early in the year. The rut will happen each year at the same time-you just need to be in your stand when the opportunity arises-that one item you can control.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Last year I was sitting in my stand on Nov. 13th. A half hour into my hunt, I was questioning my sanity as the wind was a steady 30mph gusting to 40mph. Just a7 I wa7 thinking I was crazy for leaving the house, I looked up to see a nice 8pt making a beeline to my scent wicks.i harvested him at 5 yards. This proved to me that what stops deer movement at any normal time goes straight out the window during the rut. I am not too concerned about a prediction 2 to 3 months away, as our weather people would be hard pressed to give a correct prediction 5 days out.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
5,040 Posts
Try having sex in a hot room with a fur coat on and see how the bucks feel. You will find out why the rut slows down in hot weather LOL.
But if you only get it for a couple months out of the year..............

1 - 16 of 16 Posts