Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
I'm sure he'll get a one game suspension...maybe Game #2 after they play Alabama. :whistle:

·
22,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure he'll get a one game suspension...maybe Game #2 after they play Alabama. :whistle:
LOL- I hope The "Hokester" steps up to the plate and does the right thing-:biggrin:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Likely will get a 2 game suspension..... Course if he played for Ohio it would start AFTER the Bama game... lol

·
Registered
477 Posts
I see Frank Clark got into the action as well. I have been informed that there have been 7 Michigan players that have been arrested since Hoke took over. I bet this 3rd or 4th string player(Clark) is gone and I got 5 that says Toussaint plays in the Alabama game.

Heck, even the Lions have gotten into the mess. What is going on in Michigan. As mentioned before on this site, kids do stupid things and no schools are totally exempt from this stuff.

http://saline.patch.com/articles/sa...-fitzgerald-toussaint-on-drunk-driving-charge[/QUOTE]

·
22,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see Frank Clark got into the action as well. I have been informed that there have been 7 Michigan players that have been arrested since Hoke took over. I bet this 3rd or 4th string player(Clark) is gone and I got 5 that says Toussaint plays in the Alabama game.

Heck, even the Lions have gotten into the mess. What is going on in Michigan. As mentioned before on this site, kids do stupid things and no schools are totally exempt from this stuff.

http://saline.patch.com/articles/sa...-fitzgerald-toussaint-on-drunk-driving-charge
I thought this was normal for nagihciM.:biggrin:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Couple of interesting thoughts. Who won the 2010 osu vs. penn. st. game?...I assume no one.

A friend of mine forwarded a text from a guy who graduated from Purdue. He mentioned they have a 1 in 4 chance of making the big ten championship game this year.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts

http://saline.patch.com/articles/sa...-fitzgerald-toussaint-on-drunk-driving-charge
[/QUOTE]

I'll take that $5 bet. BTW, Clark was a stud for us at the end of last year and played a monster game at the Sugar Bowl and was gonna be our 1st string Rush End in Nickel packages this year. Wouldn't surprise me if he is redshirted for the year and forced to do scout team like Stonum did last year. Toussaint will be out for Bama and probably 2 more after that. I'd be disappointed and shocked if he played against Bama

·
22,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Here's the story on Clark-

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...k-clark-suspended-home-invasion-charge-072412

·
Registered
117 Posts

[/QUOTE]

Im all over that bet. As mentioned Clark would have been in the mix for the starting job and is probably gone now. This isnt Ohio or Notre Dame. Hoke has already shown hes more than willing to show players the door when they step out of line.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Im all over that bet. As mentioned Clark would have been in the mix for the starting job and is probably gone now. This isnt Ohio or Notre Dame. Hoke has already shown hes more than willing to show players the door when they step out of line.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He has shown that he will hand down the punishment but does give some room for players to get back on track. Stonum was a repeat offender and was shown the door. He would likely have been our #1 or #2 receiver this year. BTW, I think he's now at Baylor to play out his last year of eligibility.

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
My comment on Touissant wasn't a knock on nagihcim (well, maybe a little ;)), but more so on the priority coaches today seem to put on winning above all else. It wouldn't be the first time a suspendable offense ended up in simply not starting or something else like a slap on the wrist due to an upcoming opponent.

·
22,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My comment on Touissant wasn't a knock on nagihcim (well, maybe a little ;)), but more so on the priority coaches today seem to put on winning above all else. It wouldn't be the first time a suspendable offense ended up in simply not starting or something else like a slap on the wrist due to an upcoming opponent.
I'm disappointed!;):D

It's a tough balance that coaches need to understand and then make the right decisions on. These kids today, just need to understand the ramifications of situations like this, and "try" to stay out of these type of issues-but some just don't use their god given brain at times.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Likely will get a 2 game suspension..... Course if he played for Ohio it would start AFTER the Bama game... lol
Since you call Ohio St. just Ohio, do you call Appalachian St. just Appalachian when talking football. I guess you could have been talking about Ohio University, if so, disregard my post.

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
Since you call Ohio St. just Ohio, do you call Appalachian St. just Appalachian when talking football. I guess you could have been talking about Ohio University, if so, disregard my post.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'll take that $5 bet. BTW, Clark was a stud for us at the end of last year and played a monster game at the Sugar Bowl and was gonna be our 1st string Rush End in Nickel packages this year. Wouldn't surprise me if he is redshirted for the year and forced to do scout team like Stonum did last year. Toussaint will be out for Bama and probably 2 more after that. I'd be disappointed and shocked if he played against Bama[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine, whose brother played for Michigan, and I were talking yesterday and he seems Michigan doesn't stand a chance against Alabama whether he plays or not. I personally think they do, playing a team after a national championship and early in the year is recipe for a upset. Im torn whether I want it to happen or not, beating and SEC school is always good for the conference but then I will have to hear it from Michigan people. Im from your area but live in putnam.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
When 4 of you Buckeye fans stand in a line and hold up the O-H-I-O letters, I don't ever recall seeing a couple more people forming the letters S-T. Again, Your marching forms the "Script Ohio". Wait, let me post the lyrics to your fight song for you:

Ohio State
"Across the Field"

Fight the team across the field
Show them Ohio's here,
Set the earth reverberating
With a mighty cheer,
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Hit them hard and see how they fall,
Never let that team get the ball,
Hail, hail, the gang's all here,
So let's win that old conference now.

"Buckeye Battle Cry"

In old Ohio there's a team
That's known throughout the land
Eleven warriors brave and bold,
Whose fame will ever stand.
And when the ball goes over,
Our cheers will reach the sky,
Ohio Field will hear again
The Buckeye Battle Cry!

Drive, Drive on down the field,
Men of the scarlet and gray;
Don't let them through that line,
We've got to win this game today,
COME ON OHIO!
Smash through to victory,
We cheer you as you go!
Our honor defend we will fight to the end
for OHIO

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/miscellaneouslyrics/fightsongslyrics/ohiostatefightsonglyrics.html

Through this whole song, you refer to yourself as Ohio. Maybe you guys should rethink your, cheers, band formations, and fight song

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I'll take that $5 bet. BTW, Clark was a stud for us at the end of last year and played a monster game at the Sugar Bowl and was gonna be our 1st string Rush End in Nickel packages this year. Wouldn't surprise me if he is redshirted for the year and forced to do scout team like Stonum did last year. Toussaint will be out for Bama and probably 2 more after that. I'd be disappointed and shocked if he played against Bama
A friend of mine, whose brother played for Michigan, and I were talking yesterday and he seems Michigan doesn't stand a chance against Alabama whether he plays or not. I personally think they do, playing a team after a national championship and early in the year is recipe for a upset. Im torn whether I want it to happen or not, beating and SEC school is always good for the conference but then I will have to hear it from Michigan people. Im from your area but live in putnam.[/QUOTE]

Well, losing anybody that was expected to be a contributor is gonna hurt. Losing our starting RB who happens to ba damn godd pretty much means Denard would have to be superhuman all by himself. Our WR's lack any proven playmakers. Hadn't we lost these 2 guys, we had a punchers chance. Now, unless Alabama plays sloppy and turns the ball over alot, You'd have to think they will dominate the LOS and control ther clock with that world beater O line they have. The final score may not show how bad they really beat us up. But, being a UM fan my whole life has showed me that anyone can win one game on any given day (Appy St.)

·
Registered
477 Posts
That would be really weird if Ohio St. didn't have "Ohio" in its fight song.

When 4 of you Buckeye fans stand in a line and hold up the O-H-I-O letters, I don't ever recall seeing a couple more people forming the letters S-T. Again, Your marching forms the "Script Ohio". Wait, let me post the lyrics to your fight song for you:

Ohio State
"Across the Field"

Fight the team across the field
Show them Ohio's here,
Set the earth reverberating
With a mighty cheer,
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Hit them hard and see how they fall,
Never let that team get the ball,
Hail, hail, the gang's all here,
So let's win that old conference now.

"Buckeye Battle Cry"

In old Ohio there's a team
That's known throughout the land
Eleven warriors brave and bold,
Whose fame will ever stand.
And when the ball goes over,
Our cheers will reach the sky,
Ohio Field will hear again
The Buckeye Battle Cry!

Drive, Drive on down the field,
Men of the scarlet and gray;
Don't let them through that line,
We've got to win this game today,
COME ON OHIO!
Smash through to victory,
We cheer you as you go!
Our honor defend we will fight to the end
for OHIO

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/miscellaneouslyrics/fightsongslyrics/ohiostatefightsonglyrics.html

Through this whole song, you refer to yourself as Ohio. Maybe you guys should rethink your, cheers, band formations, and fight song

1 - 20 of 37 Posts