Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got this place figured out now. I'm gonna be getting some extra money here in about a month, and I saw this Rossi 223 HB with a no name scope on it for $220 in Dunhams. I figured it'd probably be worth it for bustin' some coyotes and long range fun. Not really expecting to drive tacks at 400 yards, but may be taking some 300-350 yard shots at yotes. I'm pretty set on it, and won't have enough extra to invest any more. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Rossi rifles.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
My only experience with them is I would shoot them at the State Fair. Those guns must of had millions of rounds put thru them. Good luck with your hunt and your new weapon.

RGJZ06

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How was the accuracy on it? I've been reading mixed reviews also. Some say they can shoot good groups, and some say they shoot patterns. Lol, a little anxious.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
At $220, I think you should hold off, continue saving your money till you can purchase one of the bolt action 223's in the $325 price range. Why? The bolt action will tend to hold its $ value.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a Rossi Wizard with the 223 barrel. The scope that came with is a FM(Famous Maker) and pretty much sucks but the rifle shoots great. I have taken it to my range and hitting targets out at 300 yds. I have found that it will not shoot the cheap Russian ammo you can buy 20 rds for 5 bucks at Walmart. Everything else shoots great.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At $220, I think you should hold off, continue saving your money till you can purchase one of the bolt action 223's in the $325 price range. Why? The bolt action will tend to hold its $ value.
I am actually going to take the advice of my elders on this one. I'm only 16 so I'm gonna need this money for gas to get to school this year. My mom didn't want to see me get rid of that much money so quick, so she made an offer (And me being the "Little Devil" I always have been, of course I try to squeeze as much out of an opportunity that I can)
We made a deal. We're going to put a Savage Axis on layaway so that I can get it as a Christmas present, lol.
I'm also deciding to get it in the 30-06 chambering, that way I have a ton of different bullet weights to choose from, and whenever we go to WV, I'll have a nice rifle to take (Instead of the old Nagant!) Sound like a better decision to all of you? And you know what this means, another thread for opinions!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts