close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Root digging

Discussion in 'Primitive Skills, Bushcraft, and Survival' started by buck_slayer, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Any fellow outdoorsman been out digging any roots? I been ginsenging pretty hard, bugs been hard on the plants this year. Any news on yellow root prices?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. Ohio's pretty much shut it down xcept on private property. Used to dig a lot on TN, but not much up here.

3. Yeh it's pretty scattered around, I just been hitting little private lots that are tucked away in the Wayne national, just figured I check see if anyone else was out n about its pretty good scouting method too. Oaks are dropping like crazy.

4. Is it legal to plant it on your property and grow it for harvest?

Black Dog Bowfishing Pro Staff

5. Egh I dont know I think, you can but you can't sell it as wild ginseng, they have a name for that kind idr though. My root dealer buys it too, it's not worth as much either

6. Hi this is Lloyd hudnall I have a question for all of you sportsman on here. Does any one know the best time to dig yellow root an ginsang ?:confused:

7. There is a season on Ginseng in Ohio. Don't get caught digging out of season or removing the wrong size. google the ODNR website, ginseng, ohio