Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought I'd tell y'all about my vacation to Rocky Fork. For some of ya, it might not have been all that great, but for me, being the beginner that I am with fishing, it was so so fun! I went with a buddy of mine, who knows more about fishing than anyone I know, and he took us to his favorite spot. I cannot recall the name, but it was by some boating docks... Wharf something? Ha I'm clueless.

Anyways, literally before and through every sunrise and sunset we were out there fishin' that spot. He really wanted to go there to try and catch some saugeye (sp?). But.... he just caught a butt-ton of catfish. No complaints, though, because they were nice sized and we came back with a cooler full of fish.

My best friends were the bluegills. It didn't bother me, though, cuz it was still fun, nonetheless. :) I also caught a ton of perch, which I have never eaten before, but I was told some perch is good eatin'. I caught the biggest catfish I've ever reeled in- which was probably only about 6 pounds but the largest thus far haha. Caught that Catfish at Paint Creek. Man, it's so beautiful down there! So.. all in all, I caught a ton of perch and bluegill, some catfish, sunfish, and one 12 inch saugeye. ;)

It was a super relaxing and fun vacation, that's for sure. :D

Sent from my DROID4

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
uploadfromtaptalk1342377047437.jpg Bluegill! uploadfromtaptalk1342377097823.jpg Paint Creek. uploadfromtaptalk1342377113640.jpg ha me and my catfish :) uploadfromtaptalk1342377136106.jpg We used $60 in bait, which included liver, wax worms, red worms, and a ton of these little babies. uploadfromtaptalk1342377185366.jpg what I got to look out at everyday. Just wonderful :)

Sent from my DROID4

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
nice

Looks like you did well. and calm lake water sure has a calming effect:D Im from riverside i do well hunting there but ya sure gotta travel for the fishing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like you did well. and calm lake water sure has a calming effect:D Im from riverside i do well hunting there but ya sure gotta travel for the fishing.
Haha I've never hunted before, so I wouldn't know. But the 70 miles from riverside was worth the relaxation I got! :)

Sent from my DROID4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts