Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
1,340 Posts
In years past especially in the 70's, early 80's with a one deer limit, a road kill deer was definitely delicious. of course, I mean one that was not blasted by a semi. the secrets, after gutting, hang it from tree and use a garden hose to flush all the blood out of it. the foul odor from the blood disappears once you flush the body cavity.

Whats sickening is Pennsyvania who wont let anyone snag a road kill. carcasses everywhere. that might of changed but I know a ohio guy who stopped to look at a road kill buck on I 79 and got a $125 illegal parking ticket.
Now that is just friggin a sad state of affairs.. thanks for the warning about PA! I can't count the number of times I've pulled off a highway to check out a roadkill buck in OH..

· Registered
360 Posts
My buddy's at my club call me roadkill.I use to have a police scanner in my office at work and when a call came over the scanner a deer was hit i go to the scence and see if i could get it.Got a lot of them.But know that you can kill so many deer i no longer do it.The police got to know me well.They come to my work and let me fill the roadkill tag out.:D

· Registered
5,093 Posts
His death was somewhat hushed up as to who accidentally shot him on the Grand River Public Hunting area. I have a hard time believing He would not be wearing orange during a deer gun season. It seems they were questioning a youth hunter and I would love to know if the kid had a hunter safety course or just used an apprentice license.
I would like to see every juvenile and first time hunter be required to pass the hunter safety course.

23,102 Posts
We never did hear anything "official" on that- typically we would have heard some information on how it happened-but nothing ever was reported or released:16suspect1:

RIP Shadowlurker!

· Registered
5,616 Posts
We never did hear anything "official" on that- typically we would have heard some information on how it happened-but nothing ever was reported or released:16suspect1:

RIP Shadowlurker!
Indeed, I've Googled it from time to time over the past year. It was "hushed up" quite quickly and never came back to light.

All I recall is a minor was hunting with his brother and took a long shot at a "brown thing". Big Mistake.

RIP Nick

23,102 Posts
21 - 40 of 41 Posts