Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rant:

Almost had a bird this morning on my last day hunting for the season. Was setu up on a bird about 100yds of the road when along comes Bubba and his firend who decide to stop where my truck is parked and start wailing on every turkey call made from the road. The bird I was after answered their first set of calls. So what do they keep doing but calling every 20 seconds. The bird answers back about every 5th call. He finally shuts up when he figures it out, I think. They then proceded to use the worst sounding gobble tube I think I have ever heard. Sounded like a wounded elephant. They finally decide to leave and I hear nothing else the rest of the morning. Thought about walking down to the truck and telling them what I thought but was afraid that they might think I was the turkey and get shot.

Don't get me wrong if you want to to drive around and call for birds thats fine just don't do it next to someone elses truck!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Tough luck for sure but it is turkey season crunch time. I really don't blame them. A parked truck on the side of the road doesn't mean much. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did I mention that I was in the WNF with thousands and thousands of acres and parked at a trailhead across from private land? Not like it was public ground on the other side of the road also.

Although it sounds like you would be the same kind of guy that would pull up along side another fellow while he was fishing too. Some people just don't get it. Its called ethics and respect for your fellow hunter plain and simple. But I guess thats what this country has come to.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That sucks man but unfortuantely the BS that goes along with public hunting. When I hunting publid, I usually try to find an area where I can walking in at least a 1/2 mile beofre geting to good hunting land. Cuts out os the lazy ones who try to do the above.

If "crunch time" turkey hunting is driving around and calling miscellaneously, I'm glad I've never gotten to that point......

·
Registered
665 Posts
Tough luck for sure but it is turkey season crunch time. I really don't blame them. A parked truck on the side of the road doesn't mean much. ;)
This is how I imagine the folks from Columbus think to turkey hunt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts