Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been around here since 2003. Made many friends along the way. Just want to let you all know I retired today from being a deputy sheriff. Jan 26, 2000 to April 22, 2021. It was time to get out. I look forward to the next faze in life. If any of you are ever near Hopedale my wife and I own a great restaurant and bar named Capraros.

·
2,029 Posts
Let me be the first to Congratulate you r toker!! I still have about 3-4 years before I can retire. Thank you for your service as a sheriff. I know that’s a hard job especially in these times If I’m ever in Hopedale I’ll be sure to stop by. Again congrats.

Reactions: R. Toker

·
Registered
93 Posts
Congratulations! Thank you for serving others throughout your career and for your contributions to this board - all the best in your days ahead!

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
5,049 Posts
Congrats! I retired shortly after you came on! I miss the camaraderie, but not the job. Good luck with the new venture I'll stop in when I'm working down that way.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Congrats and enjoy. It's a good time to get out of LE.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Congrats & a big THANKS!!!! I retired in 2004 & found that I was more busy than when I was working full time. Enjoy your retirement!!!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Toker, congratulations from one LEO to another! May I ask what SO? Unfortunately for me I have 8 more years due to losing half my pension in a divorce. It's been a hell of a ride for the first 27, I hope I can make it out on top and leave it better than I found it.

·
22,528 Posts
I’ve been around here since 2003. Made many friends along the way. Just want to let you all know I retired today from being a deputy sheriff. Jan 26, 2000 to April 22, 2021. It was time to get out. I look forward to the next faze in life. If any of you are ever near Hopedale my wife and I own a great restaurant and bar named Capraros.
Good times are ahead Toker- we will hook up this fall. I will be joining you in a month.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats man enjoy yourself, most importantly keep in touch with your comrades , that comradery is Hard to replace !

·
Registered
20 Posts
You have My utmost respect Mr. Toker! Enjoy retirement. I'm visiting the farm in Cadiz in early May. Never met you or had any interaction with you on this web site, but I'd be priviliged to shake your hand. Will try to stop by your restaurant to do so. Take care and enjoy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats! Thank you for your service! I retired in 2012 after 25+ years with a S.O. Up here in Michigan. I loved the job and I miss it, or certain parts but I would not want to be in that position in today’s environment. It’s not what it used to be. Enjoy and good luck to you in your future endeavors.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts