Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went to do some fishing in the Raisin River in Raisinville Township, MI, this morning. I got there at 8:15AM, a little later then I wanted to but still wanted to see about finding smallies, and quite possibly a northern pike, rock bass, or suckers. Well, I was the sucker. I used a yellow rooster tail, which normally gets me the fish there, or at least some hits, but I had a grand total of one hit and found all the rock bass. Well, actually just rocks.
The water was super low, at least a foot or two lower then what it should be this time of year. I was catching every rock in there, and it was bugging the crap out of me. Every other cast, and I'm not exaggerating by that much, was snagging a rock. Wading out to get to one snag made me spook a fish in a deeper pocket. The pocket was up to my knee, and I presume that it was a pike just by the size of the splash. It was a decent enough splash, I don't think it was a trophy fish but it was a nice enough sized splash and close to me that it actually spooked me.
About 10:45AM my frustrations on hitting on the snags took its toll and I bailed. Usually my composure is pretty good but I was about to have a temper tantrum because of all the snags and my line getting cut twice. Luckily because I was wading in the shallow water I got my lure both times but I didn't have a pole I was wanting to use like I should've brought, and the water was way low. I'm thinking the next time I show up there will be after a couple days of good rain.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts