Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gittin a CD-RW so i will have sumpin to dump my wife's digital fotos on.... flunky at work that claims to be a puter geek says i should keep the CD-ROM installed when i put in the RW as he says the CD-RW will git burned up if i use it for regular stuff.... is this plausible? is it "easy" to install a CD-RW? the farthest i ever went was installing a sound card in my old P-1.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
I left the CD drive that came with my computer in when I installed our CD drive. I think it would be easier if you just left in it, but as far as burning it up, I have no idea. I just thought I'd share that I left mine in, so now I have two CD drives. The one that came with the computer is called the master and the one that I bought is a slave drive. It should detail a lot in the instructions that came with it and they aren't too hard to install.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you put it in as a slave don't forget to move the jumper on the back, your instructions will show you how and its real easy. the only problem I have ever ran into is the ribbon cable was to short.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dip Your not gonna burn anything up by running both! Ive been running two for years now. If I listen to a cd or use a cd for anything I use the regular cd player. I do burning only in the burner, but you can play in it as well.Just follow the pictures and you'll get it! Instructions suck, so I look at the pics! lol Good luck Glenn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts