Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on going out for my first coyote hunt after I pick up my new hunting rifle setup next month, ive hunted small game like squirrel and rabbit since I was a kid but never had a full on hunt so I thought coyote would be fun to be my first. Predator hunting is the most appealing to me, added with an open season all year, no bag limits, and no caliber restrictions. I used to have family that had land that was huntable but they have since moved so its looking like im just gonna go for public land. I live in Marysville so anywhere central ohio would work out perfect but im willing to drive a bit, the most important thing to me is no other hunters, the #1 reason ive never been interested in public deer or turkey hunting is because theres tons and tons of hunters everywhere. I want to go out and be the only person out there and not have to come across another person, just my antisocial personality i guess lol. Anywhere public you guys know that arent huge hunter spots that still have decent coyote numbers in central ohio? My ideal scenario is to come across someone local to me that has land and has a coyote problem, i get to hunt and they get pest removal, win win. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Im planning on going out for my first coyote hunt after I pick up my new hunting rifle setup next month, ive hunted small game like squirrel and rabbit since I was a kid but never had a full on hunt so I thought coyote would be fun to be my first. Predator hunting is the most appealing to me, added with an open season all year, no bag limits, and no caliber restrictions. I used to have family that had land that was huntable but they have since moved so its looking like im just gonna go for public land. I live in Marysville so anywhere central ohio would work out perfect but im willing to drive a bit, the most important thing to me is no other hunters, the #1 reason ive never been interested in public deer or turkey hunting is because theres tons and tons of hunters everywhere. I want to go out and be the only person out there and not have to come across another person, just my antisocial personality i guess lol. Anywhere public you guys know that arent huge hunter spots that still have decent coyote numbers in central ohio? My ideal scenario is to come across someone local to me that has land and has a coyote problem, i get to hunt and they get pest removal, win win. Thanks guys.
You most likely won't encounter anybody else this time of year. I do a good bit of coyote hunting, mostly on private ground but occasionally hunt public ground too. Been doing it for a few years and have never encountered another predator hunter in the field.

Reactions: Nic
1 - 2 of 2 Posts