Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one hunted any of the public hunting land around akron. Looking for a good one to see deer movement and get a chance to put meat in the freezer. I'll be using a bow, and maybe a gun. I move to Ohio a few months back and haven't had the time yet to scout yet. Just looking for some advice to narrow down what I should start looking into to scout. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nothing real close but if you don't mind an hour drive you get into some. Berlin Wildlife Area is on SR 224 east of Akron and if you go SE into Carroll County you have Atwood Lake and Leesville Lake. All the Division of Wildlife property maps are on their website and the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District properties are on their website which is something like mwcd.org I believe. If you want to drive a bit further Tappan and Clendening Lakes here in Harrison County have deer on them. I don't really recommend them for first day of gun season but you can find some room during bow season. Will you be alone, no, but I am not alone on private ground either as all the surronding property has some one hunting on them also. If you want to go SW from Akron there is Mohican State Forest and Charles Mill and Pleasant Hill.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
A little more down the road south is Salt Fork. A super hunting location

RGJZ06

1 - 3 of 3 Posts