Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day 1, 06/30

I was able to get more PT sessions from my insurance. Started today & will be going twice a week for 4 weeks as well as going to my fitness center twice a week & doing the exercises at home.

Flexibility goals:

Bend = 120 - 125 Current = 118

Straight = 0 Current = 0.

I had a small backslide from 119 but I hope to get back within a session or 2. We went at it pretty hard today & I am a little sore. Hopefully that won’t last too long.

Had a Doc appt this morning, 07/01, & he was pleased with my progress. I asked about re-starting the treadmill & weights. The treadmill is OK at a lower incline but I need to hold off on the weights until the end of the month & then at ½ or less then what I was doing before the surgery. All in all, a positive meeting.

Day 2, 07/02

We added several more exercises today which are designed to get my quads working a lot better. I have been having problems with my gait &, after this session, my walking improved tremendously. I am starting to have a more positive attitude about my progress. We didn’t have time to do the measurements today but I feel fairly certain that I gained a little ground. Now it’s just keeping on keeping on.

Day 3, 07/07

Flexibility goals:

Bend = 120 - 125 Current = 121

Over the last few days, I regained the bend I had lost & added 2 additional points. One of the new exercises is what I call a quad flex. I did a lot of the flexes over the weekend & it has helped my walking tremendously. I will be concentrating on the flexes as well as doing the usual at-home exercises. Things are moving along pretty well, thank goodness.

Reactions: jethro

·
Registered
151 Posts
Keep up the good work. You are doing great!

Reactions: HunterGKS

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Day 4, 07/09

Flexibility goals:

Bend = 120 - 125 Current = 122

I gained another degree of bend today. We did hit it pretty hard this morning & I went to my fitness center immediately after to do my upper body work. I an a little sore but this too shall pass. Now I just need to make sure I do the exercises at home this weekend.

Just for kicks, I had the therapist measure my right knee & it was at 121 with which I am happy.

Reactions: bankfish

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Day 5, 07/12

Flexibility goals:

Bend = 120 - 125 Current = 123

I gained another degree of bend today. Muscles have tightened up a little but shouldn’t last too long. I have 6 more sessions & should be in pretty good shape by then.

Day 6, 07/14

Flexibility goals:

Bend = 120 - 125 Current = 125

I gained 2 degree of bend today reaching the goal of 125. Hopefully I gain get even more bend. I rode the stationary bike today & was able to pedal normally, a first. The PT replaced 3 exercises with 3 using a couple of weight machines, which makes the muscles work more, a good thing. I may start some light lower body weight work at my fitness center Friday; I just need to make sure I don’t over do it. Today was a very positive day from my perspective.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Day 7, 07/19

Flexibility goals:

Bend = 120 - 125 Current = 126

I gained 1 degree of bend today surpassing the goal of 125. It was a pretty basic workout. The most difficult exercise was balancing on a half ball & doing squats. At least I had a bar to grab if I lost my balance. On to the fitness center tomorrow.

Day 8, 07/21

Flexibility goals:

Pretty routine today with some added weight & reps to some of the exercises. The PT indicated that she didn’t think I would gain much more in the bend of my knee. The top of my calf muscle is already pressing on the bottom of my hamstring when the knee is fully bent. The isn’t any room left for much more bending.

Day 9, 07/23

Flexibility goals:

Today was a little tougher than usual but nothing I couldn’t handle. I had already had 1+ hours of workout at my fitness center which probably caused my muscles to tire more quickly during the knee therapy.

Two more seasons with PT & I’m on my own. Pre-knee, I generally worked out Tues & Fri. I’m thinking of changing to Mon, Wed, & Fri to keep the progress going.

Reactions: bankfish

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Day 10, 07/26

Flexibility goals:

Bend = 120 - 125 Current = 127

I was surprised that I had gained another degree of flex. I think my PT was also a little surprised. Most of this session was spent on building up my muscles as my flexibility was pretty good

My last session is Wed, 07/28. A lot of that session will be performing various “tests” to show how much I have progressed. It will be sent to my Dr. & the insurance company. I expect to “ace” all the tests. Now it’s onward & upward.

Day 11, 07/28

Flexibility goals:

Bend = 120 - 125 Current = 127

Today was my last day of PT. They ran me through several tests, all of which I exceeded the targets. My plan, going forward, is to start going to my fitness center 3 times a week instead of twice for a month or 2 to continue moving forward. I have a Docs appt in the morning & I expect him to be pleased with my progress.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts