Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new bow, go some questions for the PSE guys lol, What is the smoothest bow Pse has out right now in your opinions???? In PSE's new main line of bows, which bow is the most frgiving? which is the fastest? which is the perfect combination? I have about a 28 1/2 inch draw length and plan on shooting about 70 pounds, Haven't got to shoot any of them, but like the looks of the Bow Madness...... fill me in some blanks guys, thanks

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Im not sure on that but i got a new bow back in spring an looked at the pse and bear line up both have some reasonable priced bow good luck I got the bear encounter

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
817 Posts
For the best mix..
Look at the PSE EVO or PSE Revenge.
If you like shorter ATA bows,, go with the revenge!!
If you like longer ATA bows,, go with the Evo!!

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
The Omen isn't a bad shooting bow.. It has a rep for being a tough shooting bow..

A friend of mine has one and is shooting in the IBO Worlds this week.. He got second in the Buckeye league and 3rd in the other league around here... I shot it a few days ago and was dead on with 5 arrows with it, and it is set up for him..

You can find the on archery talk pretty cheap.. I am just throwing it out there.

I was never a fan of PSE but I am slowly starting to like them more and more.

irishhacker is correct on his info..

·
Registered
164 Posts
Vendetta dc is smooooth and fast and a great price.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you are looking at the main line bows the Brute X was the winner of Field and Stream's budget bows under $450 shoot out. I have a 2010 Bowmadness XS and love it. In 2011 they redesigned it and lengthened the ATA to 29.25" from 28". It also has a 8" brace height. If you want a longer ATA the BM 3G is 33.115" with a 7" bh. As I said, I love my XS it's been simple to tune and not nearly as unforgiving as I was lead to believe short ATA bows can be. The only short coming I can complain about the PSE mainline bows is that the factory strings are poop. I don't know if they upgraded for the 2011 models but the string on the 2010's just spun like a top. Peep rotation was the rule not the exception.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I feel the supra ME would be the best shooting an most forgiving(not fastest)...But most guys think 37in ATA is to long..Personally my next bow may be a 35 to 38in ATA..Forgiveness is not just in BH,but more so in ATA with a lot of bows an shooters....Just my opinion ....Just seems other companies make bows I like a little more in the under 35in ATA range...To each his/her own

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have one of the original EVO's from last year. I absolutely love it. It is certainly not a budget bow but if you look around you can find deals. I found mine on archerytalk from a shop going out of business and saved over $150. I am shooting a lighter arrow (its what I already had) at 308 fps. Ive done some math and jumping to a "normal" hunting weight closer to 400 gr, I would still be getting around 300 fps.

Their fastest bow by far is the Omen. I tried one out and Im used to lower brace heights so that didnt bother me. The initial draw was kind of harsh and I was afraid that sitting in a cold stand might give me trouble when I wanted to finally draw/shoot at something. Again, this isnt their "budget" line of bows.

The closest thing you will find to an original EVO is the Axe 6. I also tried that and even though all of the specs seem to be identical, it didnt draw/shoot the same.

For budget priced bows, I didnt try them but the Bow Madness does seem to get decent reviews and I have seen the Vendetta get pretty good reviews for smoothness and speed as well.

Thats what I can offer!

Dont base your purchase on what people tell you thought. Try a bunch out and decide what is good for you.

D

·
Registered
91 Posts
i have never owned anything other than a pse. shot them for about 15 yrs now and baught a vendetta a couple years ago and its awesome i cant compare it to nothing else for i have never shot anything other. but its fairly quite and super forgiving i shoot a 29 inch draw and about 63 LBS

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just got a Bow Madness XS this year and I really like it.

30in 67# 384gr at 305fps

·
Registered
28 Posts
My buddy just got a PSE BowMadness. I liked it alot. We choose that over the bear models because it was the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ended up going with the 2012 Evo 7 Pro Series in the 70 lb. drawweight, thanks guys for all the tips, for the record the Vendetta did have a nice draw, but the Evo 7 was better in my opinion, but everybody is different! Thanks guys

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nice bow...you will love it. I think the only difference from mine is the brace height.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have the bow madness I love it. Smooth light fast and quite. I can shoot dimes all the way out to 50 yards. Love the bow. I would stay away from there faster bows. Seems like some of the cams are blowin up. Bow madness has a idler cam up top perfect!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the Dream Season EVO and its great. I had the omen and had to trade it in. Its not that it isn't smooth but at the end of the draw cycle there is a bad hump then it drops into a solid back wall. Once at full draw the bow is wound up tight and ready to go any little creep and it will jerk the release out of your hand. Don't get me wrong the Omen was a good shooting bow it just was not fun to shoot.

The EVO is awesome and very fun to shoot.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
"I have the Dream Season EVO and its great. I had the omen and had to trade it in. Its not that it isn't smooth but at the end of the draw cycle there is a bad hump then it drops into a solid back wall. Once at full draw the bow is wound up tight and ready to go any little creep and it will jerk the release out of your hand. Don't get me wrong the Omen was a good shooting bow it just was not fun to shoot.

The EVO is awesome and very fun to shoot."

Yea, That is true.. My friend say's the same thing.. But He has shot it very well. I have shot it.and his alpha elite and his hoyt vectore turbo I shoot the Oman better and he still shoots the Omen better..(Wierd I know) I have also found that if the DL is a little to long it seens to happen even more. Either way there isn't much slack/play after the hump... But man it is fast and really hit's it's mark.. The evo is a very smooth bow..

·
Registered
216 Posts
If I was set on a PSE I would spend the little extra and get the Revenge. I shot that bow on several occasions and loved it. I purchased a different bow however due simply to the weight of the Revenge.
good luck and try to shoot as many as possible, that is the only way to get the right bow for you:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got the Stinger 3G for this year and being a novice archer I spent only a little time getting it sighted in and am hitting a tiny grouping at 20 yards and am working my way up the yardage

·
Registered
817 Posts
If I was set on a PSE I would spend the little extra and get the Revenge. I shot that bow on several occasions and loved it. I purchased a different bow however due simply to the weight of the Revenge.
good luck and try to shoot as many as possible, that is the only way to get the right bow for you:thumbs_up:
I have the 2011 vendetta xs.. very similar to the revenge.
I love that bow.. been shooting it all year.
I can't wait to take it hunting this year..

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have a 2010 Bow Madness XS and I love it!
Like everyone else, I had to put a new string on it.
29" and 70#.
I love how short it is - that makes it easy to use in the tree or the blind.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts