Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Screen shot from my Tactacam reveal X. This one is way ahead of the other bucks I have on camera so far. I’m pouring the minerals too them!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Oh my....!

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 3 reveal cell cameras out now and will add 4 more traditional cameras during the summer. I’ve been pouring the lucky buck to them all spring

·
22,888 Posts
I would figure this buck out and get to know his pattern. I'm impressed with the body on that deer. He may not be a 5.5+ year old without that sag in his belly and short legs that those deer in that age group have, but he has a long body and his face has that roman nose look. He is looking your way and indicating "don't mess with me".

Reactions: DCam and R. Toker

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an idea who he is I believe and this would be the 3rd year we’ve owned this section of property. I’m hoping he makes the kind of jump i expect him to. I let him walk in 2020 cuz he was just a small 9pt. Was a decent 10 last year.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Love those big brows!

Reactions: R. Toker

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He’s got a lot of growing to do yet hopefully

Reactions: Deehntr56

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Plant Tree Natural landscape Sunlight Biome

Fawn Grass Terrestrial animal Natural landscape Grassland

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Finally got into the woods and put out several cameras. Took advantage of today's cool temps. Woods was still mighty warm and buggy. I figure it cost me about 30 bucks in gas for todays round trip. Thats even with getting 30 mpg in my subaru. I don't intend on checking these cameras until around the squirrel opener on Sept.1st. The first few years I ran cameras I think I educated every deer in my areas by going in and checking cameras every week. While late season scouting I found three new pinch points on state forest land I hope to hunt this fall. Put a camera on each today. One is at the upper end of a pond that funnels all the deer thru a fairly narrow area. Two others are where I found downed trees knocking down old abandoned fencing. Deer trails at both spots funnel to these crossings. All three look very promising. Never know what spots will produce vs be a bust.

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like using the cellular cameras

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Plant Plant community Tree Nature Natural landscape

Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape Land lot

Reactions: bankfish