close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pond Ice Fishing

Discussion in 'Ice Fishing Ohio' started by critterhunter, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Anybody done any pond ice fishing yet? My buddy has a 3 and 1/2 acre pond that I tried last week a bit. The ice was 2 to 3 inches and had me spooked, so I cut the trip short.

2. I have not ice fished this year but have used large minnows in the past to catch nice bass from ponds.

3. I just went out and broke a hole.......only 4.5 inches a few feet from shore. I have all day off tomorrow, probably go out then and give it a try.

4. I fished a friends pond Saturday and Sunday. Saturday we caught 7 nice gills and 1, 2 1/2 lb. big mouth. Colder than cold out with the winds this weekend. Good Luck.

5. i know a pond where bass over 5# is common thru the ice and another pond has super duper size gillys.there are 8 ponds and all have nice bass to 1 1/2 pounds and average gillys.they are named by numbers 1-8.i don't know if i have permission to fish them as there has ben personel changes.

6. Bluegills

Went out yesterday on a buddies pond. Ice was crackin' and poppin' but still 8 - 10" thick. I caught 9 gills that all averaged 9". I lost a few at the hole and got robbed a few times, even had a break off with 6 lb. test. I must have had one of the bigger bass on- the drag started singin' and then there was nothing. I seem to do best right as the sun is rising and shortly after. Anyone ever catch bluegill while its dark out? If so I might have to give it a try, this weekend. Good Luck.

7. I've been out twice to a private pond with nothing to show for it, however this pond has no structure on the bottom.