Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some info on this Bow. Looking to get this bow (used) for my 16 year old son. The price is $325.00 and seems to be a solid crossbow. I have the Excalibur phoenix and when we go out and hunt he gets to shoot. He needs his own bow!!! Is there a difference in the cyclone and the cyclone express or are they the same? Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I bought a Parker Bushwacker 2 years ago and the only negative thing I have to say is that it is a little loud. But other than that I really like it.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
I bought a Parker Bushwacker 2 years ago and the only negative thing I have to say is that it is a little loud. But other than that I really like it.
is there a quiet crossbow...by quiet i mean as equal to a quiet compound...:mischeif:

·
Banned
955 Posts
I use a parker buckbuster (discontinued) and love it. Have yet to have any issues with it after 4 years. I like parkers lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
I use a parker buckbuster (discontinued) and love it. Have yet to have any issues with it after 4 years. I like parkers lifetime warranty.
i've heard lot of guys complaining about crossbows breaking...or bowstrings unraveling or breaking...what gives...i wouldnt want those malfunctions...with the bow or the string...:D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Get your son a compound or stick bow, unless he's handicaped.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will the lifetime warrenty carry over to the new owner if I'm buying it used? I'm going to shoot this crossbow to see how it performs. I could upgrade with another Excalibur (for me) but if the parker is a nice crossbow I will be saving some cash. Thanks again!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I did it. Got the crossbow yesterday and I'm pleased to say it shoots great. Hope it holds up as this deer season should fun. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
i've heard lot of guys complaining about crossbows breaking...or bowstrings unraveling or breaking...what gives...i wouldnt want those malfunctions...with the bow or the string...:D
BULL - dang :whistle::bouncy:

Most major manufactures give a lifetime warantee and well if ya can't take care of your strings and cables - tuff poop

·
Banned
955 Posts
Never had that issue as of yet. In fact I have two buckbusters because I got the one for a steal. One shoot 325fps and the other 315fps. Both shoot very well with standard parker bolts and 100gr slick trick mags.

These two deer did not like them too much......

Attachments

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
i'm just going on what i've heard here and even at deer camp...i know there are warrantees but a busted bow in camp can ruin the hunt...just seems like theres lots of string issues...:biggrin:

·
Banned
955 Posts
i'm just going on what i've heard here and even at deer camp...i know there are warrantees but a busted bow in camp can ruin the hunt...just seems like theres lots of string issues...:biggrin:
last I looked there are strings on every bow;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
i've heard a lot bo:Dut servings unraveling a lot...:biggrin:
oh taking a jab at me!:D well that server wraping was at least 15 yrs old straight from the browning factory. try to find a browning crossbow i think i might have the only one. lol ive never seen another and i wouldnt give it up for any other crossbow. :biggrin:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
oh taking a jab at me!:D well that server wraping was at least 15 yrs old straight from the browning factory. try to find a browning crossbow i think i might have the only one. lol ive never seen another and i wouldnt give it up for any other crossbow. :biggrin:
well yes thats one,,,i thought you sed it was an on going problem...but i've been to gander and buckeye and heard horror stories bout strings breakin/unravlin...i've got the impression it happens a lot...:D

·
Registered
717 Posts
Parker (and maybe others?) has had issues with the servings. They just weren't put on tight enough (I'm assuming). I think this is done by a machine at the factory. Mine started to loosen after only a few shots. I called Parker and they happily sent me a new string. I went ahead and took mine to the shop in Nelsonville and had it re-served by hand so now I have a spare string.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts