Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Ohio Sportsman
1,991 Posts
I have a buddy that goes there often. I get an ear full the next day about all the big ones he catches. :whistle: I've never seen a picture from him after a trip.
Thanks for sharing your photos!! At least we all can tell your not telling us a fish story. LOL

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea buddy the guys next to us caught 50+ cats most over 25lb one was over 50lb. i was against going to a paylake but man its a blast

·
Ohio Sportsman
1,991 Posts
I spent my time at Rainbow Lakes in the 80's and early 90's.
I use to stop by to see what they had in the stocking tanks on
my way to WSU. They always kept several 50 pounders for
everyone to see. We had a lot of good days along with a lot
of fun. My biggest catch was a 25# flathead on a goldfish. The
biggest I saw caught was maybe a 40#'r. I may have to join my
buddy and try it again at Paradise. Thanks.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oyea my dad used to take us to rainbro lakes a call it back in the 90s but started to suck id suggest going to paradise its a blast i caught those at lake 3 they have website with pictures if you aint convinced now you will be after you see what they put in there

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
camden. take 127 south to 725 east go through town to where 725 tees right or left go right stay to road on your right because it ys off and you go down this curvy road and its on your right not to bad it takes me about 45min

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
What have they been hitting on? I have been a couple times this year and haven't had much luck. I've tried using goldfish, liver, and strawberry chicken. I've had better luck in the past with bluegill and warmouth though.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
173 Posts
You should be ashamed of yourselves for supporting that A-hole He rapes the Ohio River in Indiana And Kentucky because OHIO was SMART enough to stop the CF <s in Ohio River, enjoy it while you can because SPORTSMAN in KEKTUCKY and INDIANA are well on the way to putting a stop to this Paylake BS If you want to try to catch these great fish before they ar caught with nets and put in the Mudpuddles called Paylakes to be caught till they DIE.. PM me

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What have they been hitting on? I have been a couple times this year and haven't had much luck. I've tried using goldfish, liver, and strawberry chicken. I've had better luck in the past with bluegill and warmouth though.

bgill and gold fish what pond where you fishing?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You should be ashamed of yourselves for supporting that A-hole He rapes the Ohio River in Indiana And Kentucky because OHIO was SMART enough to stop the CF <s in Ohio River, enjoy it while you can because SPORTSMAN in KEKTUCKY and INDIANA are well on the way to putting a stop to this Paylake BS If you want to try to catch these great fish before they ar caught with nets and put in the Mudpuddles called Paylakes to be caught till they DIE.. PM me
im not ashamed really it gives people in this area a chance to catch huge blues/flats because we dont have the lakes or rivers that have them really id love to be able to go 20 30 min down the road to a river like ohio or whatever to catch these fish. i dont necessarily agree with how they get them but enjoy catching them

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I love catching the big studs in these pay lakes. But ultimately they all die. It's awful they take all these monsters and crowd them in tiny holes. I used to pay lake all the time. Now I musky fish. Santee put a limit on catfish because they were raping it. It will catch on everywhere. Paradise stocks around 50,000 pounds of big fish every yr. because they die. I won't support that any longer.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I have to agree paylakes shouldn't take from public waters. Kinda like to see a Tom more regs as to where the fish are coming from and the amounts. I kinda liken it to someone getting permits to take whatever animal they wish from public lands and pin em up and sell hunts. Reckon most every hunter wouldn't stand for it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Catching a wild caught catfish from Our Rivers putting it in a mud puddle they call a pay lake,, Would be the same Thing IMHO as Live trapping a wild 200 In. Deer Putting it in a fenced in area and charging you for a chance to shoot it think about it

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
im sure catching these cats and putting them into catfishermans paradise and other paylakes is hardly putting a dent into their population.. awesome fish you and her caught.. im sure ya'll, especially her, had a hell of a good time.. me and caiti will have to go next time you guys go

·
Registered
173 Posts
Rev. there wiping out the Oceans. We Are Talking about Ohio River Pools Blue cats were on the Endangered List In OHIO They Stopped All Cf,s on the Ohio River ,West Va did the same and Also Penn. Those Paylake owners and Cf,s Are Now in Indiana And Kentucky. You guys ODNR had enough sense to see the Problem and STOPPED it and now they are cleaning out Our River in Indiana and Kentucky.. WE are talking HUNDRED,S of Nets I Have SEEN them The Cf,s are even Complaining about J Reed,,, Catfish Paradise is Only ONE of MANY

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
The one by my house here in wva gets all there fish from Kentucky. Santee cooper shut them down to one or two fish a day limit now so they have moved to the states that haven't banned it. It will catch on. You can't keep taking all these fish from these pools to replaced all the dead loss in the pay lakes. They should make them farm raise the flats and blues. They don't want to wait 20yrs for 50+ pound fish. If you guys seen what percentage of fish were lost in these tiny lakes you would understand. Over crowding and nerds dropping those big fish kills them.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts