Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 · (Edited)
IMO, this site's audience, including me, is simply a reflection of the society from which it comes. I've not been a forum moderator, nor do I want to be, but enforcement of the rules is the key to success.

If the audience reads and understands the rules and wants to participate in accordance with them, and if the moderators enforce the rules, both the audience and the forum may benefit.
To a limited degree, I agree as far as wild game hunters are concerned. It is non-representative of social media in general though as I see across the full gambit of sportsman activities. I do think that you have uncovered the most fundamental problem. There are no rules.
I'll say this quietly - where is the admin in all of this?

Have the admins and mods thought about putting this group on Facebook?
And give into Zuck. No way.
I’ve been here for almost 19 years and I’ve said it many times. This is the most anti hunting hunting site that I’m on. It’s constantly nothing but “lower limits, ban this weapon, ban cell cameras, ban deer drives, shorten every season.” It’s tiresome and idiotic. I remember the good old days.
Anti-hunting - wow!

Discussion starter · #43 ·

Anti-hunting - wow!
Ah got it - Facebook is one of your pet peeves. It does have some good features for maintaining health of the groups that are formed there. And it has automatic outreach tools to keep it growing. Far superior in that way. The simple fact that so many are connected to so many different interests makes it super efficient. Leisure focus groups work great there. What is the big issue that you have with it as far as a leisure focus group is concerned?

Anti-hunting - wow!
I corrected to say anti killing, if that helps make things feel better.

Reactions: jethro
To Toker's point of anti hunting and anti killing . If everyone's opinion on here of how one should not hunt what one should not hunt with and what one should not shoot was made into law there would be NO hunting for anyone .
All those people have their opinion but here is mine . YOU buy YOUR license and tag's . it's YOUR hunt not theirs . So hunt the way YOU want and with what you want and kill what makes You happy as long as it's all legal .
Couldn’t have said it better myself. I’m always in favor of expanded hunter opportunities, not limiting opportunities. If it’s legal, I support it!!

Reactions: jethro
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.