Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever hunt missouri public land? Ive been successful in ohio so im taking a new challenge and going somewhere out of my comfort area. looking for any experiences guys have had out there. Should be a good year!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Any reason in particular you have chosen Missouri? Have you ever hunted out of state before? What time of year are you going? I've never hunted Missouri but have been there. It's some serious country. Some of the most vast wooded areas I've ever seen have been in Missouri.

The out of state section on the forum might spark some more answers to what you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Killed my first deer there in '86. I hunted south central Missouri in Mark Twain National close to the town of Van Buren.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any reason in particular you have chosen Missouri? Have you ever hunted out of state before? What time of year are you going? I've never hunted Missouri but have been there. It's some serious country. Some of the most vast wooded areas I've ever seen have been in Missouri.

The out of state section on the forum might spark some more answers to what you are looking for.
I have heard pretty good stories about missouri and it looks pretty easy to pattern them, there is a chunk of state land that actually borders the Drury's property. Ohio was actually my first out of state hunt on public and ended up with a 154" deer my first night so i have a list of states now that I will go to to check off my bucket list and missouri is one of them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts