Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys thinking with this heavy wind tomorrow? What's the plan of action. I'll be on some state land I know can produce

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Since I work on most Saturdays, I am off work every Monday so no vacation day to give back for me. I'm off work tomorrow. I'm going out tomorrow. Lord help me. LOL!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Why i ll be out since i took the week off anyway. I reckon theyll be headin for the fields after flydown since they wont be able to hear anything in the woods.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I can just picture flocks of decoys flying thru public hunting areas. Season is month long, and the lack of rain is not sparking any morel growth. besides, in NE OHIO, the snow will be hiding the morels.

If your really desperate, hit a grocery store for a butterball.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Gonna Get it Done

I plan on getting it done tomorrow morning. Hopefully they will cooperate. I just need them to tell me where they are once or twice and ill adjust accordingly. Good luck everyone!!!

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Having a little breakfast before heading out the door. The turkeys do not roost on my place but rather in the next woodlot over. They usually do not show up until more like 7-7:30am so no need to rush out in the dark. When I went outside to walk the dogs, I saw the guys that hunt across the road driving back in their truck. Nice and early because they are going into a roost area.

Weather right now is breezy and around 40 degrees. Snow has not started yet. Would be nice if it held off until late morning, but I doubt that will be the case.

Happy hunting all!

·
Registered
665 Posts
They definitely were quieter this morning than usual. Had an opportunity to shoot one at 50 yards just after he flew down. Decided otherwise. Heard maybe 4 gobbles from him. Didn't hear another bird anywhere

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
I decided last night to go to work this morning based on the weather forecast. Got up and let the dog out at 6:24 and there was a gobbler hammering in the woods behind the house. Kind of depressing.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Super quiet this morning in Ashland County. Heard three at 6:30 then never heard another Tom. Called in 8 hens.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I went an didn't hear a one only two shots heard and they where far off
Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
216 Posts
didn't hear a gobble all morning. saw 4 birds fly off of roost but flew the other way. saw 3 hens after 12 walking to check on my cabin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts