Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great weekend at salt creek hunting preserve. I think all the guys had a good hunt and great time. we put down 5 huge hog a big corsican ram, a giant spanish goat, and a 1000 pound watusi! It was great to meet Fred, john, gary, terry , tod, brian, eric, travis, and All the guys at schp. looking forward to next year. guys post your pics here. ill load mine tommorrow! id do it now but i got 200 pounds of pork left to process!!!! God bless and happy hunting!!!
LGE-VM510 NetFront/3.5.1 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Yes, we did have a very good time.

Here is my pig. Man I love that .375 Winchester Contender.

Gary took his Spanish Goat with his new 336 Marlin in .308ME.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya gotta Google "Watusi Cattle" to see what that big boy looks like!:thumbs_up:
I got a good pic of travis with the skull ill post. hopefully john will put his up here...crazy! those hogs sure gave us a run for our money too! fred i cooked up some jowl and a pork chop for dinner...maybe the best pork ive ever had

·
Registered
717 Posts
Here are the two we took. Had sausage for breakfast this morning with the southern style seasoning. Really good. My brother had innter tenderloins and baby back ribs yesterday - very good as well.

Good meeting you guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
717 Posts
I think the meat is supposed to be leaner than typicall beef also. Probably better for you. I had some baby back ribs and inner tenderloin from my hog tonight... A+

·
Registered
139 Posts
meat processer said it was lean beef of good quility, cant wait to go back! round 400 lbs when done! wow!!!!!!!!! had a great time with great people!

·
Registered
561 Posts
my wife and i had some ribs and chops for dinner. im actually a little surprised at how good of quality the meat is. first hog ive killed there but it aint gonna be the last!!! im gonna reserve the same weekend for next year.
sounds good im in

1 - 20 of 28 Posts