Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
The Ohio State... Michigan Battle Is a a tough one with in my group of friends. Half of them Like the Blue and half like the Buckeye's.. With a few ND fans.. But It get rough. One year one of my friend with a hill facing the road. Someone Took a weed wipe/trimmer and trimmed to the dirt a nice OSU in the grass. Each letter 3 foot tall. Just good stuff...
who watches north dakota...shoot i dont even know their nickname...:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I think he ment notre dame

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors
Not sure but I think he was pulling our collective legs. :mischeif:

RGJZ06

·
Registered
580 Posts
I am a Mi. resident and a long time member of your sister website MS sportsman. I have done many out of state archery hunts and shot many book bucks over the year. Because our DNR doesn't have a clue how to manage a deer herd to get quality animals growing, I have to venture outside of our state. I do hunt the UP of MI. and there is nothing like it as far as scenary and seclusion.
Anyway, I did alot of research and went on your 2 day gun hunt last week. I ended up near the Pike/Adams line. I only ended up hunting the 1st morning on the farm I paid to hunt on after realizing quickly the deer were not in the area. I spent the rest scouting new area and trying to check out public ground. It was my first time paying anybody to hunt and I wasn't impressed(with the hunt the guy offered). I have always been a DIY hunter and will continue to do so. But with only 3 total days it wasn't practical.
I enjoyed my time learning and I will be back. Here are a few obs:
1st.You folks have some big brusiers roaming around those hills for sure. It was nice to have a feeling that a big boy might come by.
2nd. I seen so many huge rubs I thought maybe someone was driving around the roads with a brush hog and ripping the trees up. LOL
3rd. There was alot of shooting on the 2 day gun(alot after hours too). So I thought maybe bow season would be a better choice
4th. The public ground seems to get alot of pressure but I will do more homework to find some isolated spots.
5th. Everybody I met was super nice. but maybe because they didn't know I was from MI.:D
6th. I will be buying lots of OSU stuff to wear while down there to blend in with the crowd.LOLLOL.

Anyway,Hello, Great state to hunt and you sure have it good down there. And try not to beat on me too bad for being a wolves fan.
A decline in quantity of quality bucks starting to show in ohio, I personally hunt in my own state because I don’t want to over populate and over pressure others in their state, just my belief only.
I had friends who tried out of state hunting in PA and MI and were treated sooo rudely that everyone in our area said they would stay in their state of Oh,
No offense just our experience and beliefs
Ohio has been ruined by too much hoopla in magazines and Hollywood glamour makeup shows
Caused way more pressure than it can tolerate
Was great at one time, now I would put it in the good category only.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Why are you starting things back up again? Nothing better to do? As long as it keeps you entertained

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Why are you starting things back up again? Nothing better to do? As long as it keeps you entertained
I for one welcome most any posts on this site. It's sad to see how few posts there are now days. Hard to even get in a good discussion/argument.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I for one welcome most any posts on this site. It's sad to see how few posts there are now days. Hard to even get in a good discussion/argument.
I don't welcome the added drama that he continues to dig up , especially when one side let it go before. But you're right this forum kind of feels like huntingnet did when it was going down. Sad but is what it is.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts