Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I second that. The coolest helmet in college football is michigans.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
You can't count the previous 7 years. We finally got to play on a level field. :coolgleamA:
you losers on probation right now. i guess we count this year either............:coco:

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I second that. The coolest helmet in college football is michigans.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
You mean Princeton's?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hey Mj, you are correct. The NCAA is a joke. The BCS is a joke. It is all about the big money. Oh and while driving thru Columbus I was flipped off 5 or 6 times and cut off twice but I am sure you would get much better treatment if you drove thru Ann Arbor with Ohio plates.:D :D

Ps. I have a beautiful cabin in the western UP of Mi. If you ever want to experience the hunting of the north woods, I would be happy to let you hunt my land.
I don't seem to have that problem in my big truck with VT plates that read "Hunt OH" I actually had a woman whom judging from her plate is some sort of state rep give me a thumbs up while passing me on I-77.
I have had to deal with some crazies :coco: that want to do 70 miles an hour on route 22 in and around Cambridge with winding hilly road. I will say the treatment changes when us "Yankees" go as far south as Virginia though. They have stupid bumper stickers like "Kill a Yankee" down there. Don't they know the war is over, and we won?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't seem to have that problem in my big truck with VT plates that read "Hunt OH" I actually had a woman whom judging from her plate is some sort of state rep give me a thumbs up while passing me on I-77.
I have had to deal with some crazies :coco: that want to do 70 miles an hour on route 22 in and around Cambridge with winding hilly road. I will say the treatment changes when us "Yankees" go as far south as Virginia though. They have stupid bumper stickers like "Kill a Yankee" down there. Don't they know the war is over, and we won?
Acually you are not far off. I have lots of family in southern Georgia. We actually moved down there for a while when I as younger(13). As someone from the "north" I was treated about as good as a stray dog. I heard the "yankee" term many many times and found myself fighting just because of where I was from.It was disturbing how much prejudice still exists from the South towards the North.We finally moved back. I live near Flint Mi. and when the big GM boom happened, folks from the South were coming up by the thousands to find jobs and were welcomed with open arms.
I would have to say it changed me as a person early on because I experienced predjudice first hand. It was not a pleasent time for sure but it changed me(or opened my eyes) for the better.

I love the UofM-OSU rivalry but just the fun spirited side. Some take it too far.

PS> Boy this thread sure went "south" LOLLOL.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey Mj, you are correct. The NCAA is a joke. The BCS is a joke. It is all about the big money. Oh and while driving thru Columbus I was flipped off 5 or 6 times and cut off twice but I am sure you would get much better treatment if you drove thru Ann Arbor with Ohio plates.:D :D

Ps. I have a beautiful cabin in the western UP of Mi. If you ever want to experience the hunting of the north woods, I would be happy to let you hunt my land.
What can you offer in the form of snowmobiling? I can swallow my OSU pride for a weekend.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
What can you offer in the form of snowmobiling? I can swallow my OSU pride for a weekend.
I don't snowmobile but my cabin is right off of M-28 Between Bruce Crossing and Kenton. About an hr. west of Marquette. It is a snowmobiler's dream. I have closed it up for the winter(shut the water off at the road) and winterized. If I have a heads I can leave it open for snowmobilers next year. I have a local guy who takes care of it when I am not there. If you are a good person and can respect my things like they were your own, you are welcome to use it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I don't snowmobile but my cabin is right off of M-28 Between Bruce Crossing and Kenton. About an hr. west of Marquette. It is a snowmobiler's dream. I have closed it up for the winter(shut the water off at the road) and winterized. If I have a heads I can leave it open for snowmobilers next year. I have a local guy who takes care of it when I am not there. If you are a good person and can respect my things like they were your own, you are welcome to use it.
I have been through your area several times on sled. Thanks for the offer but more than likely won't take you up on it even though that is a good area to be at since you can go to some really neat places in all directions.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have been through your area several times on sled. Thanks for the offer but more than likely won't take you up on it even though that is a good area to be at since you can go to some really neat places in all directions.
You can find some real nice rides over northern NY, and Vermont. I just watched something on TV where don't quote my spelling on the last name; Greg "Ziphendelley?" puts on a benefit sponsored by Artic Cat called the Zippy ride I think. Looked pretty cool. That is actually held up in northern NY.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
The Ohio State... Michigan Battle Is a a tough one with in my group of friends. Half of them Like the Blue and half like the Buckeye's.. With a few ND fans.. But It get rough. One year one of my friend with a hill facing the road. Someone Took a weed wipe/trimmer and trimmed to the dirt a nice OSU in the grass. Each letter 3 foot tall. Just good stuff...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Acually you are not far off. I have lots of family in southern Georgia. We actually moved down there for a while when I as younger(13). As someone from the "north" I was treated about as good as a stray dog. I heard the "yankee" term many many times and found myself fighting just because of where I was from.It was disturbing how much prejudice still exists from the South towards the North.We finally moved back. I live near Flint Mi. and when the big GM boom happened, folks from the South were coming up by the thousands to find jobs and were welcomed with open arms.
I would have to say it changed me as a person early on because I experienced predjudice first hand. It was not a pleasent time for sure but it changed me(or opened my eyes) for the better.

I love the UofM-OSU rivalry but just the fun spirited side. Some take it too far.

PS> Boy this thread sure went "south" LOLLOL.
Better than the usual "east" or even worse "West"

21 - 40 of 53 Posts