Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to see who you all would recommend for guides in Ohio. I am looking to take my son out for the 2 day youth season Nov. 17-18. Some that I have already been checking out are Working Man's Guide Service, Ty- with Whitetail Outfitters of Ohio, Monday Creek Outfitters, and Dave Lusk-Southern Ohio Outiftters. Any info, good or bad is appreciated.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Realize the State Of Ohio does not issue Guide licenses. "Anybody" can invent themselves as a "Deer Guide" and empty your wallet. You may find yourself guided to a Public Hunting Area, or trespassing on private property that will get you arrested.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Where are you from? How old is your youth? Have you tried to trade a hunt for a hunt?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Realize the State Of Ohio does not issue Guide licenses. "Anybody" can invent themselves as a "Deer Guide" and empty your wallet. You may find yourself guided to a Public Hunting Area, or trespassing on private property that will get you arrested.
:yeahthat: A guide in Ohio is a complete joke.

·
22,521 Posts
Which has happened already. Until the Outfitters get regulated and licensed in Ohio, your "guide" can be anyone! I think Buckmasters has a great question and idea for the time being.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know that there are some crooks out there. That is why I came to these forums, to get someone with firsthand experience. To be honest I've never hired an outfitter to hunt anywhere. Hunted sucessfully in several states without one but with taking the youngster I thought if the price was reasonable it wouldn't be a bad idea since its only a 2 day hunt.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Hell just pay TurkeyBuster I am sure he would guide you guys to a few big one's.... He is in some prime areas..
Hell I won't even charge ya ill give ya a farmers number and u call him an ask permission ill show ya around and Maby pitch ya a blind in good spot the week before ya get here

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hit me with a pm if you don't find anything ...I think I can get you access to a great farm in Logan county...lot of deer

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts