Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A naturalist buddy of mine is looking for pictures of Ohio bobcats and bear. He does presentations at the state parks and would like to have more photos and a story behind the picture (time, date and any other info you have). He'll give you credit for the info. You can email him directly at [email protected]
Any and all info will be appreciated.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for posting this for me Greg! Thanks guys for the responses so far! I'm doing tracking workshops focused on identifying the track and sign of Black Bears and Bobcats in Ohio. I'm putting together a database of 'confirmed sightings'...trail cam photos or plaster casts or photographs of tracks. As a long-time tracker...I know that tracks are easier to come by than trail cam photos or roadkill. If folks already like to hike, hunt or paddle...why not keep an eye out for the tracks of these species? The database will hopefully be valuable to wildlife professionals responsible for the continued presence of these animals in Ohio....and it's just fun.
I do not intend for this database to be a substitute for ODNR. If you do get a photo...let them know! They're interested. Thanks All!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Thanks for posting this for me Greg! Thanks guys for the responses so far! I'm doing tracking workshops focused on identifying the track and sign of Black Bears and Bobcats in Ohio. I'm putting together a database of 'confirmed sightings'...trail cam photos or plaster casts or photographs of tracks. As a long-time tracker...I know that tracks are easier to come by than trail cam photos or roadkill. If folks already like to hike, hunt or paddle...why not keep an eye out for the tracks of these species? The database will hopefully be valuable to wildlife professionals responsible for the continued presence of these animals in Ohio....and it's just fun.
I do not intend for this database to be a substitute for ODNR. If you do get a photo...let them know! They're interested. Thanks All!
Go to jockey hollow the last couple times i'v been there i'v run into a couple small black bears... Weighing about 150 pounds or so... There are also tracks every where...Next time i'm out there i'll take a camara with me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts