Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Just got back from the deer expo. Just wondering what those that went thought were the oddest new items they saw.

The two I had to laugh at were the iscope.
http://theiscope.com/wordpress/

and the easy do it yourself deer mount. Where you place your antlers in a plastic deer form painted to look like a real deer. It still cost around $150.
It reminded me of the animated talking deer heads you see at walmart.

http://www.budgetbuck.us/products/

I would have a hard time trusting the crosshairs on my phone are matching up with my scope. On the display model they were showing, it seemed you lost a lot of clarity and detail as well.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
the ones that got me was the mittor to see behind you and the mirror blind...i always wondered what might happen if a buck comes up to the blind and sees hisself in it...ahhhhhhhh:yikes: charrrrrge...ahhhhh:yikes:...:D

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Youre supposed to shoot 'em 'fore they get that close, George!

I didn't see anything that was too goofy this year. I did see a guy selling crow decoys that I really liked. They were cheap too...llike 20$ a dozen. I've never been crow shooting, but I can see where it would be a lot of fun. I'm gonna give it a try.

My son spent a bunch of my money for me on a new bow. He's been after me for a new one pretty hard here lately, and this one will fit the bill nicely I think. We got a pretty good deal on it too.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Youre supposed to shoot 'em 'fore they get that close, George!

I didn't see anything that was too goofy this year. I did see a guy selling crow decoys that I really liked. They were cheap too...llike 20$ a dozen. I've never been crow shooting, but I can see where it would be a lot of fun. I'm gonna give it a try.

My son spent a bunch of my money for me on a new bow. He's been after me for a new one pretty hard here lately, and this one will fit the bill nicely I think. We got a pretty good deal on it too.
heh heh heh...youre son is very persistant i know that...:bouncy:...glad he got that bow...all i can say now is look out deer...youre in a heap of trouble!!!:D

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
heh heh heh...youre son is very persistant i know that...:bouncy:...glad he got that bow...all i can say now is look out deer...youre in a heap of trouble!!!:D
He's had the newest Three Rivers catlog under my nose every chance for the last week. He is wanting another recurve in the worst way. I just haven't found one I want to buy him yet. It's kinda hard to find a good shooter for him that isn't real expensive, but isn't a toy either. He's a pretty good recurve shooter and I'll find him one eventually. He has a 40lb/peak PSE, but I think this lil compound will work a little better for him. Lots of mods to change the draw length over time, and it peaks at 50. I don't think the fellas in the Darton booth have seen many 8 year olds with the kind of form he has. :) Of course he's been shooting bows since he was a 1 1/2 old, so it sorta comes natural. I've got pics of him somewhere I'll have to post... I'd say he'll be shooting deer with the new bow this fall.

·
Registered
76 Posts
boy bought a hoofer

It's a deer hoof. Card said the legend of the hoofer.they travel in groups of four they are never heard or seen. Ever wonder why you see so many deer tracks in your hunting woods and never see that many deer? It's the mysterious hoofer. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
The plastic deer mount's were petty cool. If you have a rack that you never mounted you could throw it on the plastic mount...

One thing that I thought was just ugly was the plastic mounts that were designed and covered with your favorite team. UGLY!

I did buy a Cloth cover for my recurve from Byron Ferguson. He also signed it! We talked to him for quite a while he told us a few good stories. That was one of my highlights of the exbo...

I should of bought a dagger tree stand from summit but I didn't.. I also should of bought a release for my daughter. They had a scotts for $32...

I did buy some plood plot stuff. a string silencer for my recurve and quite a few $8 beer's. At the end we hung out with Bill Eperts with PSE. But heck that was like every other Monday (We shoot with him on Monday's)

All in all I like going to the Deer & Turkey Exbo There were quite a few deal's but I was just lacking the money to buy all the things that I wanted..

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
arrow scent tips

I saw thoes tips that were sceted and you would shoot into the ground to despence the scent. Shooting my 8-10 dollar arrow everytime i am in the stand ... no thanks ill loose it or break it i feel. Why would i not just hang my scent wick 20 yards from my tree like i do now. Also if i shot it into the ground wouldn't that keep the scent from being released?

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Yea, I saw those to. The only thing we could come up with is that you would leave scent when you walk there.. Buy yea I don't think I will be shooting any scent tip's! I think I will hold on to my $10 arrow's....

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
I saw thoes tips that were sceted and you would shoot into the ground to despence the scent. Shooting my 8-10 dollar arrow everytime i am in the stand ... no thanks ill loose it or break it i feel. Why would i not just hang my scent wick 20 yards from my tree like i do now. Also if i shot it into the ground wouldn't that keep the scent from being released?
in the ole days theyd sling em out there with a sling shot...:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.