Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Obama rips on the supreme court. Court assigns Obama a term paper.:coolgleamA:

Interesting he questions how they dare overturn a law. Last time I checked, that was their sole job. To determine the constitutionality of Laws and overturn those that are not.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...nt-supreme-court-will-uphold-health-care-law/

The president, adopting what he described as the language of conservatives who fret about judicial activism, questioned how an "unelected group of people" could overturn a law approved by Congress.

"I'm confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress," Obama said.

In response, the court ordered the administration to justify it's comments.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...to-clarify-following-obama-remarks-on-health/

""Smith then ordered a response from the department within 48 hours. The related letter from the court, obtained by Fox News, instructed the Justice Department to provide an explanation of "no less than three pages, single spaced" by noon on Thursday.'

I wonder if they will respond.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Silly and frankly difficult to believe that a federal court would order a party to brief an issue not before it as a result of comments not part of the record. I hope that's made up.

·
Registered
379 Posts
He needs to be made to justify alot of things he has said and done. And go by the constitution laws instead of his own .

·
Registered
134 Posts
Quite frankly if u or i said somethimg along that order to a court involved in a case of "ours" basically saying to a court..who do u think u are to judge? We would be held in Contempt of Court.

Obama is SUPPOSED to be a constitutional scholar..he knows full well this is exactly what the supreme court is for

His comments are pure politics for the great dumb masses who have no clue

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Interesting part is that "his" law has a 15 person appointed,(just like the Supreme Court), panel that will decide coverages and Medicare issues. Isn't he doing in the law with the unelected panel what he says the Court shouldn't because they aren't elected?:irked:

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Quite frankly if u or i said somethimg along that order to a court involved in a case of "ours" basically saying to a court..who do u think u are to judge? We would be held in Contempt of Court.

Obama is SUPPOSED to be a constitutional scholar..he knows full well this is exactly what the supreme court is for

His comments are pure politics for the great dumb masses who have no clue

No you wouldn't. Obama isn't a party to the proceedings. You can't be in contempt of court if you're not part of a proceeding in front of that court. What is absolute politics is the grandstanding of the judges in this instance. Not to mention the absolute reality that requiring government lawyers to brief an issue not before the court is a flat waste of taxpayer money.....

·
Registered
134 Posts
I understand your answers..it would seem however that the supreme found his comments / behavior along the line of contempt as they have asked him to explain himself

·
Registered
502 Posts
No you wouldn't. Obama isn't a party to the proceedings. You can't be in contempt of court if you're not part of a proceeding in front of that court. What is absolute politics is the grandstanding of the judges in this instance. Not to mention the absolute reality that requiring government lawyers to brief an issue not before the court is a flat waste of taxpayer money.....
Since when does anyone at any level of the government give a damn about wasting the taxpayers' money?;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts