Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bademt911 
#1 ·
First and foremost hello everyone!

My name is Bryan I am an EMT in central ohio (near Lancaster) I bowfished for a few years when I was younger and have been bowhunting for 15+ years, just now getting back into it because my 9 year old son hunter wants to give it a go. He and I got hooked on Gar last summer in the scioto river near chilli using rope lures and rod/reel but he asked me about bowfishing over the winter. I just setup bows for both of us and hope to get out soon after some Gar/Carp. anyone know any good hotspots in the area. we havea canoe now and I am in the process of obtaining and setting up a flatbottom 14' too. look forward to maybe getting to know a few of you and maybe share some trips in the near future. There are 3-4' long needlenose in one spot I know of for sure we have seen several in a day from a bridge while trying to figure out how to catch them last summer (before learning the rope trick).:bouncy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.